Thursday, September 04, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 9/4/14
“I think there’s a god, and I know it’s not me.”  (Michael J. Fox)  There’s song, “If I ruled the world…”  Better yet, “If you were God…” what kinds of changes might you make?  M.J. Fox might do something about his illness--but maybe not.  There are times when we 2nd guess the rulers of the world.  2nd guessing God can happen, too.  But “when the chips are down,” suffering Job said it best, “I will trust the Lord.”    ;-)  Jack 

FROM TARMART REV: Back to my trusty old chorus book: I JUST KEEP TRUSTING THE LORD as I walk along, I just keep trusting the Lord and he gives a song.  Though storm clouds darken the sky o’er the heavenly trail, I just keep trusting the Lord, He will never fail!  His a faithful Friend, Such a faithful Friend, I can count on Him to the very end. Though storm clouds darken the sky o’er the heavenly trail, I just keep trusting the Lord, He will never fail.====JACK:  The one I like is, "Trust and obey, for there's no other way."

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  The patience of Job is needed by everyone somewhere along the way. ====JACK:  I think I'll dust off the Bible and read (again) the Book of Job.

FROM KF IN MICHIGAN:  Change: 'may all the world be clothed & fed'!!!====JACK:  I think that this poem by Annie Johnson Flint explains how your "change" might happen.
God has no hands but our hands to do his work today;
 God has no feet but our feet to lead others in his way;
 God has no voice but our voice to tell others how he died;
 And, God has no help but our help to lead them to his side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite greeting card of all time--so far anyway--has on the cover "Both in life and in death we belong to God" Romans 14:8 and inside "With deepest sympathy and prayers that God will comfort you." That's basically all I want for myself and for everyone else.
S.H. in MI