Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 9/30/14
“Be yourself.  Everyone else is taken.”  (Nicole Barutha)  “Just look at yourself!” is a phrase that children hear when they need to clean up.  Maybe it’s something that adults need to hear also.  Look at yourself! That face staring back in the mirror is yours and no one else’s.  Say to that face…Let the past go…You may not be perfect, but you have strengths; you have value.  Today’s a day for new beginnings.  Carpe Diem!    ;-)  Jack 

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  Well, as Popeye says, I "I yam who I yam!". And , though I'm an imperfect piece of pottery,(coming off the wheel of the master pottery creator, I'm comfortable and very thankful that God, through Jesus, has cleaned the slate for me. And as my very good friend, Shirley, always says, "Enjoy the day!" Great WW.====JACK:  I like The Thimble Theater for its clever sayings..."Blow me down...Gloryski...Olive, my sweet patootie."  Early on in my life, I began to like spinach because of Popeye.  I still eat spinach today...the "Popeye" brand.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: The self-made man is a good example of when you assign a task to an incompetent.====JACK:  In reality, I guess that none of us is self-made.  We are each of us the product of people and events that have shaped us.===CHESTER:  "I think he's got it!"

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Great w"Words" for me today.  I'm afraid to look in the mirror this morning after a very pain-filled (dear Uncle Arthur-rite-tis)!  However, it's a wonderful day, another beginning and we are all here today to enjoy it!  Seize the Day!  Smile Away!  God is good....all the time!====JACK:  Have you ever seen an outhouse with a mirror in it?====JUDY:  Yes many outhouses have mirrors  especially in Alaska, in the coasts and in the south.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's sort of neat to think of a whole world full of people where each single one would feel free and unencumbered in just being himself/herself. Guess that would be being before the fall where Adam and Eve were the first people who hankered not to be just themselves and be someone they were not. I'm trying to be myself here at my computer and appreciate your having been yourself today at your computer.
Thanks a million for the WW of encouragement for all your blog readers.
S.H. in MI

SBP said...

Well, as Popeye says, I
"I yam who I yam!". And , though I'm an imperfect piece of pottery,(coming off the wheel of the master pottery creator, I'm comfortable and very thankful that God, through Jesus, has cleaned the slate for me. And as my very good friend, Shirley, always says, "Enjoy the day!" Great WW. Thank you.