Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Jack’s Winning Words 12/11/13
“Just move your house!”  (Arnold Lobel)  Mary, who has a pre-school, introduced me recently to the childrens book, “Ming Lo Moves the Mountain.”  I checked it out on the net.  If you haven’t read it, the gist of the story is this.  If you’re facing a mountain in this life that can’t be moved, then look for another way to get rid of the problem.  Through the years people have given me personal examples.  I’m ready to hear some more.    ;-)  Jack 

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  so glad to have introduced you to ming lo and co.  when we read the book at school, we mimic the closing of eyes and walking backwards.  it's quite a sight to see!====JACK:  Adults trying to do that might lose their balance and create for themselves a bigger mountain.

 FROM TARMART REV:  "The Little Red Train Engine"?!  "I think I can...I think I can...I think I can..." ====JACK:  Not only "I think," but "I know I can."  And he did!

 FROM MY LAWYER:  When mountains can't be moved through a reasonable and respectful process, there's always the judicial system in the United States.  Only here can the 'little guy', or David, slay Goliath and be treated on an equal footing in a Court of Law.  Due process of law and Equal Protection under the law are the hallmarks of our system of justice.  Thank God (and the Constitution) for our system of justice. ====JACK:  There may be a mountain of evidence, but with the right attorney, that mountain can become an ant hill.

 FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Actually, the mountain in this life has often been the church. I've found that whenever I'm confused about what's going on in my own particular congregation, somehow (and I believe this is God's doing) other people come along outside and, both help me to be patient and wait further on God and many times validate my own hunch/instinct/guidance from the Holy Spirit that my own thinking isn't exactly that far off the wall and I'm not all wrong about things or something. Actually, Martin Luther is a good example to me of a Christian who had to do that too as he looked outside the church for support and nurturing for theological wrestling he was doing too. I identify myself as Lutheran and in the Church and now not willing to give up on my local lutheran church when we disagree with positions/stands on various things. It's a much better place to be in than 20 something years ago when I was busy church shopping.  That's the personal example that has always been closest to my heart.====JACK:  Jesus said, " If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, Be moved from this place to that; and it will be moved; and nothing will be impossible to you."  Can that be possible?  "All things are possible to the one who believes."

 FROM CK IN MICHIGAN:  If you can't move it! Walk around! Too simple?====JACK:  Many tough problems have relatively simple solutions, if you give them some thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the mountain in this life has often been the church. I've found that whenever I'm confused about what's going on in my own particular congregation, somehow (and I believe this is God's doing) other people come along outside and, both help me to be patient and wait further on God and many times validate my own hunch/instinct/guidance from the Holy Spirit that my own thinking isn't exactly that far off the wall and I'm not all wrong about things or something. Actually, Martin Luther is a good example to me of a Christian who had to do that too as he looked outside the church for support and nurturing for theological wrestling he was doing too. I identify myself as Lutheran and in the Church and now not willing to give up on my local lutheran church when we disagree with positions/stands on various things. It's a much better place to be in than 20 something years ago when I was busy church shopping.
That's the personal example that has always been closest to my heart.
S.H. in MI