Thursday, November 07, 2013

Jack’s Winning Words 11/7/13
“When you get on that stage, sing something that matters.”  (Amy Grant’s mother)  I like Shakespeare’s words, “All the world’s a stage.”  In reality, we each have a part to play in the drama called, “Life!”  Amy’s mom was concerned that Amy would play her part well.  But isn’t that the responsibility of each of us…to do our best?  In recall a Sunday School song with this verse, “Be careful little mouth, what you say.”    ;-)  Jack

 FROM DOCTOR PAUL:  It is interesting what happens and what comes out of people's mouths when they get their 15 minutes of fame!  Wouldn't that be an interesting book?====JACK:  Whatever happened to Joe the Plumber?====PAUL:  ‘Joe the Plumber’ publishes racist article on blog  Maybe he should set aside his computer and get back to working on clogs. Samuel Wurzelbacher, the outspoken Ohio handyman known as “Joe the Plumber,” sparked renewed allegations of racism by posting a controversial article on his blog over the weekend.====JACK:  Evidently he's been working around sewers so long that the stuff is coming out of his mouth and his computer, too.

FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  ...and it is good to consider oneself always "on stage", and that everything we say and do (and not say and not do) is important! ====JACK:  Just like with radio & TV...some tune in and some tune out  when we're on (stage).

 FROM TARMART REV:  There's good and better, but then there is the best . . . fortunately or unfortunately, I identify with them all (never enjoying my bad, worst and "worstest"), knowing though God deserves my best!====JACK:  I wonder if you're seen as a fixture at Target and Walmart, just like the tables, chairs and shopping carts...always there?====REV:  Never know what people are thinking...I'm forwarding an e-mail I received from a former employee. I'm thinking Pastor Appreciation Month played a part in it, but I was certainly encouraged by it.  (E-MAIL FROM A WALMART EMPLOYEE)  Pastor, I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for your awesome commitment to all of us who are trying to walk more faithfully in the Word!  Being able to see you, shake your hand and be called blessed (which I miss), and hearing the word through your experiences, teachings and hard work for so many of us who get to share in that around the area means a lot. And the fact that you tirelessly do it so respectfully and kindly is a wonderful thing!  Whenever I receive your emails, it automatically changes my demeanor and awareness towards Christ and his expectations for us while we are here, so thank you, it is nice to still be connected to those messages you demonstrate for us, even if I now live hundreds of miles away. I try to let others know about Him when the opportunities arise, and many times, I mimic your ways to get our messages to connect with my fellow sinners in trying to peruse a better path.  God's Peace My Friend.

 FROM JAN IN MICHIGAN:  I still teach the Cherub Choir “Oh Be Careful (little eyes, little mouth, little ears, little hands, little heart, little brain . . . )”.  And we talk about what each verse means.   Surprisingly, it’s one of their favorite songs (even though we learn lots of “recent” songs too)====JACK:  I can't remember who it was who taught me that song, but I'm glad they did.  Your Cherubs will remember the song, even if they forget who taught it to them..

 FROM JB IN WISCONSIN:  I taught school so many years ago that at that time I was able to teach the pupils the "Be careful little mouth what you say" song (in a public school).====JACK:  Times change,  and even though we sometimes wish for a return to the "good old days," it ain't gonna happen...and so we move on and celebrate old memories and new opportunities.  "The Father up above" is still there.

 FROM RI IN BOSTON:  Using Amy Grant's mother's words as the gauge, there's a vast amount of singing on stage these days that needs to be eradicated.====JACK:  Surely, you're not referring to Lady Gaga and Detroit's Eminem and Madonna.  Are you still listening to Lawrence Welk reruns?====RI:  HaHa!  By the way, Lawrence Welk's material is on my list for eradicating.

 FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  amy ran off w/another woman's husband i thought... great song there! ====JACK:  We all live complicated lives, and I don't know the details of Amy's.  But it does seem that she does a good job of trying to put her faith into musical words, so I'll let it go at that.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  My cherub  choir always sang that song, and many still remember it! A sermon  in a song....we would probably be amazed at the many ways we have influenced  those we come in contact with, if we knew the full story, which of course we don't, and won't.  It pays to be aware we ARE on stage for someone, most of the time !====JACK:  Sometimes I felt that there were better sermons in the hymns than were coming from the pulpit.  A pastor can't be a "winner" all of the time.  As an actress, did you you have more of a sense of never leaving the stage?

 FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  Martha Raye was famous for her big mouth. What people don't know is that she was a Colonel in the Medical Corps during WW II and is the only woman buried in the military cemetery where she is interred. That mouth said a lot through action!====JACK:  Yes, Martha was a good one.  Joe E. Brown also had a big mouth.  Jackie Gleason, in The Honeymooners, would often admit his mistakes to Alice by saying..."I've got a BIG mouth!"

1 comment:

Ray Gage said...

...and it is good to consider oneself always "on stage", and that everything we say and do (and not say and not do) is important!