Monday, November 04, 2013

Jack’s Winning Words 11/4/13
“Facing it, always facing it…that’s the way to get through.  Face it!”  (Joseph Conrad)  Have you ever thought you knew people, but didn’t?  Conrad has been like that for me.  His writing reflects his experiences as a seaman.  The way to get through any kind of storm is to hold on tight.  Some sailors have H-O-L-D and F-A-S-T  tattooed on their fingers.  You can’t run away from life, so just be strong and hold on!    ;-)  Jack

 FROM TARMART REV:  I will hold on to that thought today, Jack . . . won't probably tattoo it to my fingers, but will hold on to the thought!====JACK:  If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be, and where would it be?  My grandson got his first "inking," which was his confirmation Bible verse.====REV:  Really can't think of any possibility of doing so...other than my wedding ring and cross ring, I don't care much for any other symbols on my clothing or body. I don't enjoy having the dealer's logo on our car!  What about you...a tattoo anywhere?====JACK:  No markings on me, altho, Nadia Bolz-Weber (an ELCA pastor) has a few.  Would that (and being a woman) exclude her from being an AG pastor?

 FROM JK:  I  love.  this,  going  through  so  much  right  now.  Facing  it,  is  the  best  way  to  get  through  it, I  agree.====JACK:  "One day at a time, sweet Jesus," as the song goes.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  As Garrison Keillor says, "It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars"...We've all had times where we had to face unwanted and even traumatic situations!  I also like what Diane Sawyer, ABC news, said; "Whenever you are blue, or lonely, or stricken  by some humiliating thing you did, the cure and the hope is in caring about other people." It helps!====JACK:  Robert Schuller wrote a book, "Turn Your Scars Into Stars."  I wonder if he's read it?  I like Diane's advice.

 FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  LAL. & holding fast!====JACK:  Have you ever ridden a roller coaster and held on tight?  Life, with it's ups and downs, is sometimes like that?====LIZ:  Never liked roller coasters. ====JACK:  How about the Merry-go-round?

 FROM BS IN ENGLAND:  Thank you-----I needed your Winning Words today.====JACK:  When I read your message these words from the the show, Carousel (Rogers/Hammerstein), came to mind.
When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone
 ====BS:  Yes!  I know that show-----those words always make me cry but they are so true.

 FROM RP IN MICHIGAN:  Perfect timing! My grip is weak.====JACK:  One of the books of the Bible that I appreciate is the Book of Job.  While it talks about suffering, it does not attempt to explain the mystery of it, nor to justify the ways of God.  Instead, I see it as a book that probes the depth of faith.  A verse that I especially meaningful is 13:15, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust him."  HOLD FAST.   



No comments: