Monday, March 11, 2013

Winning Words 3/11/13 
“Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.”  (Will Rogers)  This familiar quote has a follow up…”if you do, you’ll be blind to the present.”  We can’t change the past, so let’s concentrate on making a better today.  I heard someone say, “If we never made mistakes, we wouldn’t be here.  We’d be hanging out with Jesus.”  So…today, listen to a piece of good music, read a book, meet a neighbor.  What are your plans?    ;-)  Jack

 FROM HONEST JOHN:  Already thinking about the future, are you?   So much for the present.////JACK:  Speaking of the future...April 15 is approaching.  I think I'll finish up doing my taxes today.  One less "future" worry put to rest!  While doing them, I plan to listen to this CD, "Mozart For Your Mind."

 FROM FACEBOOK LIZ: Like.////JACK:  TY!

 FROM WALMART REV:  Training session today and tomorrow for Hospice chaplaincy...equipping myself for a new outreach ministry in west-central Minnesota.////JACK:  Does that mean you'll be giving up you seat at the coffee shop?

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  How very clever of Will.  He had some very good quotes.  Do you ever wonder if any of your quotes will be famous?  Today will be a day of chores, visiting with my son-in-law as he paints our kitchen, Bible reading, book reading and a little of comfortable memories.////JACK:  "Chores" os an interesting word derived from the Old English, "char."  So, I guess you're a "charwoman" today.  Re: my quotes becoming famous?  I doubt it.  Although I once referred to "Winning Words" in a funeral sermon.  Afterward, a stranger came up and asked, "Are you Jack from Jack's Winning Words?"

FROM PH IN MINNESOTA:  good words indeed...////JACK:  I remember someone who would always greet me with the words, "What's the good word?"  If he did that today, I could say, "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today."

 FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  I met a neighbor!////JACK:  Mr Rogers used to sing this song...
It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
It's a neighborly day in this beautywood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.
So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Won't you please,
Won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor?
Hi television neighbor, I'm glad we're together again....

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  "The cheerful heart has a continual feast":Proverbs 15:15.    If we bear this in  mind, whether Past or Present or Future, things tend to have a rosy glow.  I'm thankful for a relaxed Monday, after a hectic Sunday, where I CAN do email, read or whatever. ENJOY!!  ////JACK:  I "see" that you've put on a happy face today.

 FROM PASTY PAT IN JERUSALEM:  Going to the Temple Mount, having lunch with Pastors Marty and Angela Zimmann, and walking around the top of the wall of the Old City in Jerusalem.......////JACK:  You are privileged to be looking at yesterday today...as far as our faith is concerned.

No comments: