Thursday, January 31, 2013

Winning Words 1/31/13
“Where your treasure is, there will be your heart also.”  (Matthew 6:21)  Tomorrow is “National Wear Red Day,” calling attention to the importance of a heart-healthy life style.  That means serving raw broccoli (and cutting back on the fats) at your Super Bowl Party.  I heard recently that an artificial heart is being developed, but that it’s not ready yet to replace the one we have.  Our heart is a treasure.  Let’s guard it well.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM WALMART REV:  I'd say you hit the "heart of the matter" today, Jack! I always enjoy starting my mornings off with you-- 0;-)  PS:  (v) There’s within my heart a melody, Jesus whispers sweet and low, “Fear not, I am with thee, peace be still,”  In all of life’s ebb and flow  (Chorus) Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Sweetest name I know, Fills my every longing. Keeps me singing as I go.////JACK:  I know that song.  I know others with a heart theme, too...Peg-o-my heart...Heart and soul...Achy breaky heart...Open up your heart and let the sunshine in...Young at heart...Your cheatin' heart (Any others?)////REV:    Seems to have been one of the more favorite themes for a song!////JACK:  I haven't heard songs about other organs, such as   the bladder, the intestines and the spleen.  Oh, I just thought of one..."All of me, why not take all of me?"

  FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  Amen. And may the treasure of friendship also be present.////JACK:  "To love without condition, To talk without intention, To give without reason, And to care without expectation… this is the heart of a true friend…."  (Unknown)

 FROM ULTIMATE MSU FAN:  Can't we "saute" the broccoli?  I don't like raw broccoli!////JACK:  It's all about being "Heart Smart!"  "Raw" Green is the way to go.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Well, I love raw broccoli (and cauliflower and carrots, and peppers..)  especially with good hummus,so no problem here. Your list of "heart" songs might include Heart and Soul, Heart of my Heart, Yours Is my Heart alone...you're right, not many songs about the other organs! :-)  Good WW to remember, for it is absolutely true. "Lay not up for yourselves treasures on Earth.... !"////JACK:  Someone counted.  There are 930 verses in the Bible that mention, "heart."  Broccoli isn't mentioned once. ////OAKS:  WOW, bless that someone...a time-consuming count...930! Good to know...and no mention of broccoli, oh well, there is always honey and wild locusts....////JACK:  Some thought that John the Baptist was a crazy man.  BTW, I wonder if he ever used the nickname of, Jack (the Baptist)?

FROM MEDD-O-LANE:  Our heart is like bread, home made is the best.////JACK:  Pizza is bread!

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  This is one of my favorites....we all have a lot of treasures.  What are some of yours?   I will be sure to eat some broccoli Sunday but it will be frozen broccoli ~with a pat of Heart Smart butter.  It was my kids favorite and still is! ////JACK:  Liver and onions..and spinach.

 FROM JMK IN CALIFORNIA:  I love this verse. Been reading my Bible a lot lately...big changes coming soon :)////JACK:  It's always a good idea to prioritize.  Some "treasures" are more important that others.

 FROM PH IN ARIZONA:  does it have to be raw??   i really like it cooked with hollandaise sauce over it. ////JACK:  Hollandaise is for the rich people.  We never could afford it.

FROM JACK & DONNA:  Donna is on oxygen night and day and can go from room to room with long tubing, and away from our apartment with portable cylinders. Jack had a cardiac stent procedure done on January 3 and doing well. Our Study Bible's interesting definition (Matt. 6:21) of the heart: "The center of one's personality, including the mind, emotions and will."////JACK:  This morning I read about a new French movie, "Amour," that deals will the effects of aging and how love takes on a new dimension.  In our college  study of the Greek language we learned about three meanings of the word, love.  Life teaches us that there are more meanings than three.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen. And may the treasure of friendship also be present.