Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Winning Words 7/10/12
“There never seems to be enough time.”  (Jim Croce)  By accident, I heard The Jim Croce Story on TV, as told be his wife, Ingrid.  How great to hear him sing, “Bad, Bad Leroy Brown” and “Time In A Bottle.”  Jim died in a flying accident at age 30.  I can only imagine what songs he might have written.  There never seems to be enough time.  You can’t keep time in a bottle.  Do what needs to be done, today!    ;-)  Jack

FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  This is really a good WW.  If we could only focus on what needs to be done each day and not wander about hither and there, in a daze sort of, how much more content with our use of time would we be.  I'm praying and then doing and thank you for encouraging us.////FROM JACK:  I went to a breakfast meeting this morning.  Each person went away from there in different directions with different agendas, but with the same amount of time in the day.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Jim's lyrics were wise!  However, if I had to do what needs to be done today, I wouldn't finish for a few years.////FROM JACK:  One step, and then another....

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  what's interesting to me is that in Heaven there will be no such thing as time.////FROM JACK:  I guess you'll have to leave your Rolex behind.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: Right...I didn't have time  to ck. the computer yesterday, but these are good words. Bill and my boys all loved the Jim Croce songs. What a shame his life was cut short. Our loss!  Each day holds its possibilities and challenges, but we who are older are maybe more urgently aware of limited time to get important things done before time expires!!////FROM JACK:  It doesn't fit, but I really like Bad, Bad Leroy Brown.

No comments: