Friday, June 08, 2012

Winning Words 6/8/12
“There are no extra pieces in the universe.  Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.”  (Deepak Chopra)  The next time I work on one of my 500-piece jigsaw puzzles, I’m going to look at each piece as a person.  At least that many people have filled a place in my life.  Think of the number of pieces in God’s puzzle…and you’re one of them.    ;-)  Jack

FROM SB IN MICHIGAN:  Thank you for today’s “Winning Words.”. I read your message right after fitting some pieces into a jigsaw puzzle in our living room.////FROM JACK:  It's a good thought to know that God has a place for you in the BIG puzzle.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  I believe this too. Sometimes, when mulling about things and trying to figure them out, the Judases puzzle me--why, God? Is it because of free will? And is free will worth all that? But then I get on with the business of living and don't dwell on such things but try to leave them up to God. He certainly knows better what we need than I do.////FROM JACK:  Working on my own puzzle is hard enough, without trying to figure out God's puzzle as well.

FROM PC IN MICHIGAN:  Love Deepak Chopra. Read one of his books by accident about 10 years ago. I need to get another one. I see he has Nook books which will work. Thanks for the idea.////FROM JACK:  Your response caused me to probe deeper into Deepak.  I guessed that he was Indian born, but did not know that he was a physician, a Yogi, and a 20-year friend of  Michael Jackson.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  It's an awesome thought.  Each one is loved too!  There are some of my jigsaw pieces I don't love so much...too hard to put together. LOL////FROM JACK:  I like it when the BIG picture makes sense.  Sometimes i put together puzzles within the puzzle.  That's life!

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  You must have a lot of patience to work with and to finish a 500 piece puzzle. ////FROM JACK:  One piece, and then another, and you finally get the picture. 

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  The first piece of the puzzle is just as important as the last. And probably more important because all else hinges on it.////FROM JACK:  Just as with the shepherd and the lost sheep, God does not give up on looking for the piece that seems to be missing.

FROM CJL IN OHIO:  A good metaphor.   Do well to remember it.////FROM JACK:  There you go-- using those big college words again.

FROM DP IN MINNESOTA:  What a cool comparison!////FROM JACK:  Speaking of cool, one of my 550 piece puzzles shows the Peanuts gang standing in the snow in front of the famous Christmas tree and saying, "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!"














  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe this too. Sometimes, when mulling about things and trying to figure them out, the Judases puzzle me--why, God? Is it because of free will? And is free will worth all that? But then I get on with the business of living and don't dwell on such things but try to leave them up to God. He certainly knows better what we need than I do.
S.H. in MI