Monday, March 26, 2012

Winning Words 3/26/12
“If you believe “tomorrow” will be even more exciting than “today,” then you have discovered what “passion” really means.” (Dan Gilbert) D.G. is an entrepreneur and the founder of Quicken Loans. I picked up his book, “isms” and could not put it down. I jotted down many of Gilbert’s thoughts and will be using them this week. Some of what is his passion is also mine. BTW, what’s your passion? ;-) Jack

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: It probably sounds old-fashioned but, I believe, my passion is to help my husband. And somehow I've discovered, or rather God helped me to discover, that the things he is dealing most with are also most universal so that I'm personally helping the universal--and believe me I've got my hands full!!!! ////FROM JACK: It's never out of date to treat others as God has treated us.

FROM RG IN ARIZONA: Wisdom! But it very elusive... ////FROM JACK: That's why the search for wisdom is so exciting. You open a door to enter a room with many other doors.

FROM PASTY PAT: Life --- and knowing that there is something new to learn, a new adventure to be had, or a new person to meet each day!////FROM JACK: No one can say that you're not following your dream.

FROM HONEST JOHN: Let the day's own troubles be sufficient for the day.////FROM JACK: Good advice. Don't bite off more than you can chew....especially if it's an elephant.

FROM STARRY KNIGHT: Music////FROM JACK: Go 4 it!

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: My passion is my girls' well-being.////FROM JACK: That sounds like your passion when you were a teen-ager....the girls part.

FROM CLAUDIA MONET: To go to the studio and paint! What's yours?////FROM JACK: Right now, I'd have to say that my passion is collecting Winning Words and commenting on them.

FROM WATERFORD ANNE: John's son, Brian, works for Quicken. I am interested in Gilbert's ideas.////FROM JACK: I wonder if he's read the "isms" book. I'm impressed with the direction that Gilbert has set for his many business enterprises. I'm also impressed by his attemt to revitalize downtown Detroit.

FROM CAPE COD CHRISTIAN: Passions: discussing theology, cello, sailing, blue sky with shining sun in the morning (“O Lord, what a morning!”)////FROM JACK: That's quite a list. Nothing about politics and money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It probably sounds old-fashioned but, I believe, my passion is to help my husband. And somehow I've discovered, or rather God helped me to discover, that the things he is dealing most with are also most universal so that I'm personally helping the universal--and believe me I've got my hands full!!!!
S.H. in MI

Ray Gage said...

Wisdom! But it very elusive...