Friday, March 16, 2012

Winning Words 3/16/12
“All things in life are temporary. If they’re going well, enjoy them, they won’t last forever. If things are going wrong, don’t worry, they can’t last long either.” (Sent by John Dragelin) The Hee-Haw Quartet sings: “This world is not my home; I’m justa passin’ through.” Today’s words encourage optimism. We live in a cyclical world. To me, that’s what makes it interesting. You never know… ;-) Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN IN MICHIGAN: Heresy...."we live in a cyclical world" Judaeo-Christian...."we live in a linear world" Our friend Jack has totally subscribed to the Greek tradition....I think we will just call you "Freemistocles"////FROM JACK: That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! "Beware of Geeks bearing gifts."

FROM TG IN MICHIGAN: Lv this one!////FROM JACK: I lk the song...And the wheel goes round and round.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: The trick is, when things are going well, not to live worrying when the other heel is going to stomp on you. Other than that, cyclical is interesting.////FROM JACK: On the positive side..."Wake me up, I must be dreaming." and "This is too good to be true." On the negative side..."Is this ever going to end?"

FROM YOOPER FLICKA: GOOD LAUGH !!! THANK YOU.////FROM JACK: The Hee-Haw Quartet was often good for a LAUGH. If you liked them, you probably also liked Green Acres and The Beverly Hillbillies.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: If you are set back, set forth.////FROM JACK: But don't do it with a fifth.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: Just do the best that you can every day and enjoy. What as boring world it would be if every day would be the same. ////FROM JACK: Yesterday, it was tornado weather; today the weather was absolutely beautiful. The change was far from boring. This is Michigan.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE: My thought is that I'm here just renting whatever resources I have - in 50 years no one will likely remember the home I lived in, etc.////FROM JACK: 50 years? "Here today, gone tomorrow," as my mother-in-law used to say.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: "When it's dark enough, you can see the stars"..Charles Beard. Even in tough times, one can usually find small moments to savor and treasure, and what a delight the good times are, in contrast! Let's always be open to the possibility of JOY in our lives! Do I hear an AMEN?!////FROM JACK: OLE!

FROM TG IN MICHIGAN: “May you live all the days of your life.” (Jonathan Swift)////FROM JACK: It fits! I wonder if Jonathan wrote these "Swifties?"
"I only get Newsweek," said Tom timelessly.
"I punched him in the stomach three times," said Tom triumphantly.
"I still haven't struck oil," said Tom boringly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The trick is, when things are going well, not to live worrying when the other heel is going to stomp on you. Other than that, cyclical is interesting.
S.H. in MI