Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Winning Words 2/7/12
“If you do the things you need to do when you need to do them, then someday you can do the things you want to do when you want to do them.” (Zig Zigler) Early on my parents encouraged me to start a savings account with my paper route earnings. I also gave $1 a week to the church. A friend wears a “10-10-80” T-shirt…10% for God; 10% for investment; 80% for self. He says, “Try it; it works!” ;-) Jack

FROM RI IN BOSTON: Z.Z. wasn't zzzzzzzzzzzz-ing when he wrote those words. I know a lot of people who have proven that's the way it works in life.////FROM JACK: Zig is a motivational speaker. I wonder it he was able to motivate his listeners to change their priorities?

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: I needed to read these WW this morning. Regarding money but right now especially regarding time and not procrastinating. Didn't someone once say "Time is money."? Thanks for these WW too. ////FROM JACK: Yes, I've heard that time is money. I've also heard that some people, who have time to waste, sometimes spend it with people who don't.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Excellent words and ACTIONS to live by. Old age advances with or without engaging proper habits. I called my chapter on retirement savings in, Good Debt, Bad Debt (2007 Penguin 2nd ed), "What if You Live?" People think about dying, more have life insurance than have provisions for a long life. Kudos to you Pastor, parents set the tone. ////FROM JACK: Jon is called "Good Debt" for a reason. His book relates to today"s Winning Words.

FROM MV IN MICHIGAN: Thanks Jack for these words. They are used as the foundation for investment planning in our industry. Begin early and invest often!////FROM JACK: Yours is a tough industry...to get people to do what's good for them, when they don't necessarily want to do it. It's sort of like my industry.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: We were taught it and instilled it into our children. Thanks for sending it along. ////FROM JACK: It reminds me of the words from Proverbs. "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE: Good 'un - ////FROM JACK: I'm doing what I want to do...Now.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: It's kinda late to start, but a good idea!////FROM JACK: It's never too late to start using a good idea. Remember the thief on the cross?

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: If you do the things you need to do when they need doing, the things you want to do end up being the things you need to do.////FROM JACK: That's what I just said.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I needed to read these WW this morning. Regarding money but right now especially regarding time and not procrastinating. Didn't someone once say "Time is money."? Thanks for these WW too.
S.H. in MI