Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Winning Words 2/28/12
“At age 50, everyone has the face he deserves.” (George Orwell) Have you looked in the mirror lately? “When did I become my mother/father?” Orwell was more than a famous novelist. He was known for making wise commentary on the human condition. George claims that you can tell from the human face whether someone has spent time with positive or negative people. Look in that mirror again! ;-) Jack

FROM IKE AT THE MIC: He was wise.that's the reason I do a radio show..because I have a face made for radio.. ////FROM JACK: Radio is good, in that it allows us to use our imagination. Captain Midnight comes to mind.

FROM TRIHARDER: I would take my face at age 50.////FROM JACK: So, you're not going to follow the example of Joan Rivers?////
MORE TH: I can't raise my right hand and say I won't consider something at some point in time. I'm still 60 going on 16. My face is 60 going on 61.////FROM JACK: A few years ago, who would have believed that a face transplant was possible. Amazing!

FROM RS IN MICHIGAN: OK, fine! I am calling them “laugh lines” then! You’re right though. I think of my Aunt Marilyn when I look in the mirror because she once told me when she looks in the mirror she asks the woman looking back: “Marilyn, are you in there?” Hilarious, and true for me too now.////FROM JACK: Sometimes the regular mirror can look like one of those fun house mirrors. Just laugh.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: I have no idea what my face looks like, except it's a lot older than I feel!////FROM JACK: That's better than the other way around.

FROM ILLINOIS LIZ: I don't look much different than I ever did.////FROM JACK: Do you resemble your mother or your father?

FROM BLAZING OAKS: Ah, to have the face of 50 again! HA! What a neat quote! I'd imagine much truth in it! I taught his books ANIMAL FARM, and 1984, to my Advanced Literature 8th graders. I've never forgotten his quote "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!" We've seen it over and over in the world. I think we've all learned that a smile is the best face-lift there is. Maybe with Divine Assistance we can at least look pleasant!! OLE!!////FROM JACK: If we got the 50-face, we'd probably want the 30. We are who we are.

FROM BS NEAR ORLANDO: Well it's better to look like your parents than your dog: Parade mag. had an article one time where they claim, with pictures that dog owners actually resembled their dogs. When I look in the mirror I am reminded of all the teeth I have lost. Actually I didn't lose some of them, they are here in an Rx bottle. If I can retrieve all the money I spent on those gold teeth I should come out ahead because the price of gold has . risen substantially.////FROM JACK: If you were to look like a dog, what face would you choose...bulldog, collie, poodle?

No comments: