Friday, December 02, 2011

Winning Words 12/2/11
“Even miracles take a little time.” (Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother) I saw this quote on a plaque in the Hallmark store the other day. I don’t know about you, but there are several requests for miracles on my Prayer List that are “old.” That Fairy Godmother needs to remind me that God keeps his own calendar. I’m reminded of the prayer: “Dear Lord, give me patience, and give it to me right now.” ;-) Jack

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: Actually, you are really consistent. A steady ship in a turbulent ocean. Every morning, before the sun is even up. I feel like God does keep his own calendar and, if we could only see the whole picture, it is a pretty consistently faithful calendar with plenty of rhyme and reason and when I observe one of His servants doing something also that is so consistent, even just that observation helps me to be more patient and wait on God. Thankful for the miracle of your being able to communicate WW each and every work day of the week for an amazingly length of time now and the quotes and commentaries never feel old or at all redundant. Amazing, just amazing.////FROM JACK: Actually, writing and sending WWs is pretty easy, once you get the hang of it. Think of things that we do regularly without processing each step...breathing...walking...typing. Everyday miracles!

FROM RUTHIE IN MICHIGAN: M K gave me a saying that is on my computer monitor base that I see every day. It may have come from you, I’m not sure. It says: The Power of Prayer: I believe that God has three answers to prayer: Yes! Not yet. I have something better in mind.////FROM JACK: Good advice. But isn't waiting a pain? Standing in a checkout line! Idling at a stop light, when there could be a round-about! As a kid, waiting for Christmas! Wondering why prayer requests aren't granted right away!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Patience is truly a gift and waiting for God's gift sometimes is very difficult. I used to wish I had a Fairy Godmother but it's a good thing I never got one. Many times I wished for my brother to disappear when he was a little kid. Miracles are well worth waiting for!////FROM JACK: I think my sister wished for the same thing with regard to her brother.

FROM YOOPER FLICKA: OH YES.....RIGHT NOW !!////FROM JACK: "Antsy" is a word that you don't hear very much any more. We get "antsy" when God delays in answering our prayer...sometimes.

FROM ED IN ARIZONA: Wow what an appropriate quote for the day. Just two minutes ago, I found out that the $$ we needed for our Jan/Feb Ethiopia trip was granted. That's 4 years of proposing to get that $ so I can finish my dissertation. That small miracle sure took its time ;)////FROM JACK: I've found that doors open and close in mysterious ways and at uncertain times. For me, it has worked out for the good. I didn't get to go to Ethiopia, but I did get to got to Detroit.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: I have a lot of patience with people not with any object which has moveable parts or anything electronic that doesn't work. As far as expecting miracles, prayers aren't always answered the way we would like, but they are always answered.////FROM JACK: I've heard of people who've prayed over mechanical and electronic devices and claim that their prayers have been answered. I've seen basketball players cross themselves before shooting a free throw. Who am I to play God and say that such prayers do, or do not, work?

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: I have just talked to a tech in India for 20 minutes because my computer had shut down. I didn't pray for it but it is backing. I must admit I didn't have much faith but I did have patience, which is unusual.////FROM JACK: As I sat, cooling my heels yesterday, I repeated this quote.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: This ties in with my S.S. lesson this week: 2 Peter, assuring the believers that just because Christ's return is "not yet" it doesn't mean "never", because to God "a day is as a thousand yrs. and a thousand years as a day" His time is not our time. So Jesus' saying, "I will soon return" is not measured in human time...How hard it is to wait! Some of my prayer requests have long white whiskers by now! But God is faithful...////FROM JACK: Sometimes we give up on God and remove certain concerns from the Prayer List. The Lord's Prayer says, "Thy will (not my will) be done."

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: Impatience drives progress.////FROM JACK: Tell that to a teen-ager who wants adult privileges.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, you are really consistent. A steady ship in a turbulent ocean. Every morning, before the sun is even up. I feel like God does keep his own calendar and, if we could only see the whole picture, it is a pretty consistently faithful calendar with plenty of rhyme and reason and when I observe one of His servants doing something also that is so consistent, even just that observation helps me to be more patient and wait on God. Thankful for the miracle of your being able to communicate WW each and every work day of the week for an amazingly length of time now and the quotes and commentaries never feel old or at all redundant. Amazing, just amazing.
S.H. in MI