Thursday, May 26, 2011

Winning Words 5/26/11
“This world is so full of crap, a man’s gonna get onto it sooner or later, whether he’s careful or not.” (Hud Brannon) You might rightly ask, “What’s so winning about this word?” Someone who’s undergoing radiation, saw a sign: Cancer Sucks! “That’s right!” she said. A friend, celebrating 1-year of successful bone marrow transplant writes: “My baptism reminds me that I have one foot on earth and another in heaven.” ;-) Jack

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: I like this WW. Got onto some crap yesterday. Might get onto some crap today yet. At least this WW puts me into the right context.////FROM JACK: Someone gave this advice today: "Never kick a cowchip on a hot day." My advice....Never kick it on a rainy day, either. Watch out during today's walk.

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: ........... Amen!////FROM JACK: Evidently, that means you can relate.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: How true that is. The 20 years I was a stay-at-home mom raising our five children I could control the environment somewhat. Once I got my part-time job with Eastern Airlines in 1978 I saw what the world is really like.There were many positives there, too, like learning what a computer is and how to use it and getting to travel the world.////FROM JACK: ...and then Eastern went out of business (crap). If it was a merger, do you still keep your perks?

FROM MOLINER CF: Carry a big shovel.////FROM JACK: John Deere makes a special wagon to haul it around to places where it's needed.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: Ha! Good ol' Hud Brannon...who is he? But he is so right...when the s____ hits the fan, you can't always duck fast enough. :-) I read a good thought this week, "We live life forward, but understand backward". Makes sense to me. I can only imagine the joy of a successful bone marrow transplant! Pat T H went through that procedure but it failed, and was such an ordeal! My dear friend at church also had an unsuccessful bone marrow transplant. Sometimes crap creeps in...and we deal with it. But we are thankful for all the days and years, even, that are NOT "crappy"!!////FROM JACK: The quote is from the movie, "Hud," and was spoken by Paul Newman. We await more successes in the cancer fight and wish that there were more of them. Meanwhile, crap continues to be a problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this WW. Got onto some crap yesterday. Might get onto some crap today yet. At least this WW puts me into the right context.
S.H. in MI