Thursday, December 09, 2010

Winning Words 12/9/10
“P.U.S.H. – Pray Until Something Happens.” (Unknown) I was looking through a catalog recently and saw this slogan printed on a sweatshirt. I didn’t order the item, but I did tear out the page. There are some concerns that have been on my Prayer List for well over a year. The temptation is to replace them with newer concerns. Or maybe I need to learn the lesson of patience and of - PUSH! ;-) Jack

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS: Love that saying. I posted it on my board a couple of years ago. FROM JACK: I must have been looking at an old catalog. It is a good saying, isn't it?

FROM EMT SINGS IN MICHIGAN: As I have been cleaning out my Mother's room I really took a look at her Bible. I knew that she had written many interesting things in it. Now that the Bible is "mine" I am really studying it. Your WW for today reminded me of something I just saw in her Bible yesterday: B-I-B-L-E,Basic Information Before Leaving Earth. I like that! FROM JACK: I like acrostics, too. Your mother is still speaking to you through her Bible. She left you a treasure.

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO: So this motavational speaker was looking for a theme for his talk as he walked into the auditorium and saw the sign on the door that said push and said – that’s it . So during his talk he says – if you want to know what it takes and a good word for success look at the sign on the door. The probllem was the sign on the inside of the door said pull. Your word just reminded me of this story. FROM JACK: Your task for today: Take the letters, P.U.L.L. and use them as an acrostic for a message for success. I'll be waiting to hear from you. MORE FROM DAZ:
Putting you future success
Under the control of someone who
Leverages you talent so you
Land one rung up

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Great WW. Doing a blog book study, Henri Nouwan, "Reaching Out", "The movement from illusion to prayer is hard to make since it leads us from false certainties to true uncertainties (TRUE UNCERTAINTIES?!!!), from an easy support system to a risky surrender, and from the many 'safe' gods to the God whose LOVE HAS NO LIMITS." Sounds like prayer is process, prayer is transformation, something does happen, just praying blind me and others can see it. What a wonderful God whose love has no limits.

FROM MOLINER CF: "P.U.L.L.- Pray Until Larry Listens" I remember a "Becker" episode where God's name was Larry. And for some reason it stuck. FROM JACK: As an advertising guru, you should be able to come up with an acrostic for the holidays.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Maybe those prayers you have been praying are being answered....just not in the way you expect. Keep listening. I love P.U.S.H. FROM JACK: Yes, all prayers are being answered....Just not using our timetable. I like the Lord's Prayer petition: "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

FROM AM IN MICHIGAN: PUSH. How long does not matter. FROM JACK: God doesn't wear a wrist watch

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: Yes, I've seen P.U.S.H. as well...one of our circle ladies used it for a devotional last year. A good thing to remember, especially if you are not long on patience. I am getting better at it as I age. Actually, I'm slower at everything!! :-( Oh well! FROM JACK: We have a lot to learn about prayer...and how to use it.

FROM NFC IN ILLINOIS: I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THAT SAME CATALOG. WHAT A COINCIDENCE..NOW I
WON'T GET THAT SHIRT FOR YOU SINCE YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN IT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great WW. Doing a blog book study, Henri Nouwan, "Reaching Out", page 91, "The movement from illusion to prayer is hard to make since it leads us from false certainties to true uncertainties (TRUE UNCERTAINTIES?!!!), from an easy support system to a risky surrender, and from the many 'safe' gods to the God whose LOVE HAS NO LIMITS." Sounds like prayer is process, prayer is transformation, something does happen, just praying blind me and others can see it. What a wonderful God whose love has no limits.
S.H. in MI