Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Winning Words 12/15/10
“The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.” (Ivy Baker Priest) Priest was US Treasurer for 8 years under Eisenhower, and her signature was on all currency. She said: “Women don’t care if their picture is on money, as long as they can get their hands on it.” Today’s quote is a reminder that life has a way of being cyclical. Don’t give up. A new day is dawning. ;-) Jack

FROM JK IN MICHIGAN: I read your devotional today and it seemed to ring true what is happening in my life at the moment. As I am in a transition phase in my life, you are right - I need to stay focused and not grow faint.
FROM JACK: The host of an old radio show (sort of like American Idol) used to say, "Round and round she goes, and where she stops, nobody knows." Each choice determines another choice, and so on. We're always in transition, when you get down to it.

FROM SG IN TAMPA: What goes around comes around is a saying down here that I never heard while living in the North. FROM JACK: If you live long enough, you sometimes run out of new stuff and have to recycle the old stuff....or have I told you that one before?

FROM MOLINER CF: If the world is round, we should never get lost...just derailed now and then. FROM JACK: That's what your GPS is for. Santa uses one all the time. MORE FROM CF: The mother of one of my friends used to say. "You're never lost if you have a tank full of gas."

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: I like Ivy Baker Priest! And quite agree. In a round world, who is to say what is the end, and what is a beginning? And getting our hands on some money is always a preoccupation...ha! She didn't get to where she was by being dumb, or naive! But she also had a sense of humor apparently, which tends to make the challenges of life a bit more palatable! FROM JACK: Is the song, "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend," a stereotype?

FROM MK IN MICHIGAN: I often forward your winning words to my sister can you put her on your list? I can’t imagine how many people you have on that list. FROM JACK: This is the season for sharing. Over 400 on the WWs list at this time. Your sister makes one more.

No comments: