Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Winning Words 8/11/10
“People come into your life and people go, but it’s comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart, and if you’re lucky enough, a plane ride away.” (Michael Patrick King) “People come, and people go,” is a realistic statement and poignant at the same time. When you truly love someone they never ever leave the heart. The mind may go to other things, but not the heart. Is that true? ;-) Jack

FROM RI IN BOSTON: The heart has such vast capacity if one chooses to take advantage of it. If you don't access the items in the mind they gradually disappear, but what you put in your heart remains there and can be retrieved anytime. Though my mother and father are long gone from this life, I continue to connect with them daily in my heart. FROM JACK: It's strange, but I can picture in my mind right now, the grave site where my parents are buried. Even better, I can picture "them" at various times in my life. MORE FROM RI: I have the same perception, usually thinking of them not as deteriorating there, but sleeping.

FROM HAWKEYE GS: true

FROM FOXY ROXY: Absolutely true. Love that statement.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Absolutely!!! But I'm lucky enough to have them a car ride away! True blessings!

FROM PO IN MICHIGAN: Oh my --- that one almost made me weep. It's so true. FROM JACK: I remember hearing this song in a Charlie Chaplin movie....
Smile though your heart is aching;
Smile even though it's breaking.
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by.
If you smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow,
You'll see the sun come shining through for you.

Light up your face with gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness.
Although a tear may be ever so near,
That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you just smile.

That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile.

FROM SG IN TAMPA: Yes, and for those a plane ride away, it is a blessing to be a former airline employee.

FROM MOLINER CF: The heart is an organ that plays the world's most beautiful love songs.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Absolutely!

FROM MOLINER JT: I do a lot of reflecting these days. What is in the heart is so important. FROM JACK: Yes, a time for reflection can cause us to count our blessings.

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: As I've noted before, those of us given long lives, bear the losses. By our age, we may have more dear ones in our hearts that on Earth! Of course I am thankful that my children (so far) survive me! I think your winning words today are very true. FROM JACK: Here's a poem by Annie Johnson Flint that I like.

God has not promised
Skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways
All our lives thro’;
God has not promised
Sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow,
Peace without pain.

God has not promised
We shall not know
Toil and temptation,
Trouble and woe;
He has not told us
We shall not bear
Many a burden,
Many a care.

But God has promised
Strength for the day,
Rest for the laborer,
Light for the way,
Grace for the trials,
Help from above,
Unfailing sympathy,
Undying love.

FROM STARRY KNIGHT IN CALIFORNIA:Lucky enough, mine truely are just a plane ride away! On Wisconsin!





No comments: