Monday, April 26, 2010

Winning Words 4/26/10
“It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” (Babe Ruth) An example of this comes from WW 2, when outnumbered American troops were called on to surrender. Their commander had a one-word answer…NUTS! They went on to win the Battle of the Bulge. Whatever your battle might be, hang in there, and remember what the Babe had to say. ;-) Jack

FROM PRJS: That's why I am still in the ELCA....Why concede the church to a bunch of nuts??? FROM JACK: We like to have a "salty" nut like you in the mix.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: I am not sure this is on point for the blog but; I just met a crew that is removing freezer from a warehouse I bought. They drove all night in a single cab pick-up to get here (Columbus, Ohio) from Alabama and are down there working now. There work ethic and tenacity make me feel ashamed for whining about my cold and cough and minor ailments. These are some guys that want to work. FROM JACK: I am going to pay attention to people like that and remember to compliment them for the work they do. MORE FROM JON: Yeah. I agree. I bought them breakfast and coffee, water, etc. It is pretty impressive when I see how relatively easy I have it. My wife is great at recognizing folks for the work they do. Of course she is pretty great at everything. I hope you get to meet her one day.

FROM DMF: I like this one. FROM JACK: I wonder if the Babe really said it. Brainy Quote says he did. This one sounds more reasonable: "Cobb is a prick. But he sure can hit. God Almighty, that man can hit."

FROM HAWKEYE GS: What about Sir Winston: "Never, never give up!" FROM JACK: Another good one.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: I read a short story once about a little boy who was on a baseball team. Their team was losing 19 to nothing. When the dad asked the little boy if he was upset, the little one said "No...we haven't gotten up to bat yet!" I also think Helen Keller, Rosa Parks, Abraham Lincoln, and a little boy at my physical therapy sessions. The children's pt is down the hall from the adult pt, but they bring him in for a special
machine. He wears a little blue helmet and struggles to walk and talk, but he always has a happy smile on his face. Watching him work on that big machine is very humbling. He will not give up so neither will I! FROM JACK: Good examples of "hanging in there."

No comments: