Thursday, April 22, 2010

Winning Words 4/22/10
“Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” (Lao-Tzu) This was seen by JM in a doctor’s office. What an appropriate reminder to people who come to such an office with various concerns. Worry and “What if-s” have a way of trying to dominate our thinking. I like that part of the Sermon on the Mount which speaks about anxiety and what to do about it. ;-) Jack

FROM JM IN VIRGINIA: Again, "the birds of the air and the lilies of the field" was another "Dad" favorite -- Happy Earth Day! FROM JACK: Thanks for the reminder of a "very special" person...a real down-to-earth guy.

FROM RI IN BOSTON: That's the way I felt on my wedding day...and it hasn't changed much since.

FROM MK IN MICHIGAN: Often I am so able to do this, but you are right if I could just stay in that place. I will work on it! FROM JACK: Keep working on that positive attitude.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Priceless, but If everyone followed this advice, Jack, what would the politicians, poverty pimps, race baiters, war mongers, and haters have to do? FROM JACK: They would probably organize a protest against the concept.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: "Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference!" Found on an old card.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: RI in Boston had the best answer today….

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: I have a similar quote on my refrigerator, which was a favorite of my pastor husband (Since we often had to compromise on what we would REALLY like, and what we were able to do...) WANT WHAT YOU HAVE, AND YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE WHAT YOU WANT. It has helped me innumerable times! Actually when you travel to India, or Thailand, or Haiti, etc. you find you have MORE than sufficient!!! Here in the states, our friends live the good life...

No comments: