Monday, February 08, 2010

Winning Words 2/8/10
“Hope may play traitor at times, but she is so agreeable that we forgive her offences for the sake of her company.” (Minna Thomas Antrim) Turn this one over in your mind to get at the real truth. Hope is a good friend of mine. Yours, too? Minna wrote this 100 years ago, and it still seems relevant. ;-) Jack
PLEASE NOTE: Tomorrow’s WWs will be the last for a while. I’m having a knee replacement on Tuesday and will be away from my computer. Hopefully, re-hab will allow me to be back at it before too long.

FROM RI IN BOSTON: Our hopes are sometimes dashed, but often they are just delayed and we experience the results we wanted in one way or another. And for those hopes that are never realized, we have to HOPE that a greater power led us on a better path. FROM JACK: It is not expected that all of our will be realized. They are simply a target for us to aim at.

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: These Winning Words must be true for me. I know I've been disappointed in life over and over but also know that even if something should happen today that is a darkest moment for me, I'll be down on my knees praying with hope. And I do forgive her for whatever plan before turned out differently than I wanted. Because mainly something always seemed to have been learned from the experience.

FROM MOLINER CF: Hope is a truly positive emotion and you have mine for a very successful procedure. We'll miss your Words. (Won't it be nice to be able to get back on your knees again? )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These Winning Words must be true for me. I know I've been disappointed in life over and over but also know that even if something should happen today that is a darkest moment for me, I'll be down on my knees praying with hope. And I do forgive her for whatever plan before turned out differently than I wanted. Because mainly something always seemed to have been learned from the experience. I'm going to miss you while you're recuperating, Pastor Freed. I'm praying for travelling mercies for you to come back to your computer safe and sound.
S.H. in MI

Christy said...

Speedy recovery Pastor Freed! I just found your blog! Not sure if you remember me from waaaay back! Christy Richmond