Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Winning Words 9/22/09
“You never wait too long when you wait for something good.” (Swedish Proverb) When I was child, I could hardly wait for cookies to come out of the oven and for the first snowfall. Aging changes our wants. Now, it’s waiting for the last snow; however, I still enjoy waiting for the warm cookies. Can you remember waiting long for something good? Perhaps you’re waiting for something good, even now. ;-) Jack

FROM MKH IN MICHIGAN: It is a delight to watch my nieces and nephews wait for our annual Labor Day trip to Traverse City, as soon as Christmas gets here it is a topic until the fall how many more days to Traverse City? The Adults do too but we wait until July! FROM JACK: I remember reading once about a little girl who kept a diary. On one page she wrote: "Today we went to Amery." She had written it two days before the trip took place, anticipating the excitement of the trip. Anticipation is often part of the fun.
MORE FROM JACK:
Do you remember the ketchup commercial...ANTICIPATION?
Or the song by Carly Simon....

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway, yay
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasin' after some finer day

Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

And I tell you how easy it feels to be with you
And how right your arms feel around me
But I, I rehearsed those lines just late last night
When I was thinkin' about how right tonight might be

Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

And tomorrow we might not be together
I'm no prophet and I don't know nature's ways
So I'll try and see into your eyes right now
And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: I have a friend who is needing and wanting to forgive someone who has hurt her very badly. Many of us around her have heard her story over and over these past six years now. Why is it taking so long for peace to come to this friend? "You never wait too long" means something to me. From past experiences with the way God works in our lives, I'm just hoping and praying that all of us in this woman's story too will one day be able also to acknowledge "You never wait too long when you wait for somethng good." FROM JACK: Sometimes we wait so long that it's too late.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Thanksgiving Day was a huge event in my life. My whole family, over 40 would come to my grandma and grandpa's house....we would have everyone gathered for a fun day of Thanksgiving. Down through the years, the location changed and it is now at my house. It is still my favorite family time. Now my sisters and brother and I are the oldest generation and it's so much fun to share the memories and make new ones. FROM JACK: Do you remember a word, "antsy?" It was used by our parents to describe the
excitement by sister and I had when we "couldn't wait" for some event to take place. Another expression was, "Don't get ants in your pants." I wonder if "antsy" would mean anything to today's kids. MORE FROM JUDY: Know it, I still use it. My kids and grandkids know and use the word....

FROM SG IN TAMPA: Graduations and weddings are on the top of my list. FROM JACK: Confirmations are great, too. Four down and two to go. It's good to see the passing of the torch.

FROM BBC IN ILLINOIS: You're the best and we're on the same page with the snow and the cookies.

FROM MOLINER CF: If you want those good cookies sooner, put them in a convection oven. FROM JACK: What kind of an oven is that? We use the old fashioned kind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who is needing and wanting to forgive someone who has hurt her very badly. Many of us around her have heard her story over and over these past six years now. Why is it taking so long for peace to come to this friend? "You never wait too long" means something to me. From past experiences with the way God works in our lives, I'm just hoping and praying that all of us in this woman's story too will one day be able also to acknowledge "You never wait too long when you wait for somethng good." Thanks, Pastor Freed.
S.H. in MI