Thursday, September 10, 2009

Winning Words 9/10/09
“God is perfect….Only man makes misteaks.” (Seen on a church sign) I always like to see a little bit of humor around religious places. Here’s another quote by Hugh Elliott that seems to relate. “If there’s one thing I know, it’s God does love a good joke.” I once saw a picture of a laughing Jesus. It made me smile. ;-) Jack

FROM PC IN MICHIGAN: Good Morning. I enjoy this one. My "saying" if you will, since childhood, was that "God loves everyone, so why is man particular?" I came up with that in 2nd grade when I decided I was going to be a nun.

FROM CB IN COLORADO: I saw another good one: "God loves you. Everyone else is trying." Loved it! FROM JACK: Now, that is funny!

FROM L IN ILLINOIS: I have always thought that God has a sense of humor. Otherwise, how could he have instilled that feature in us?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Absolutely true! And thank God we have such a loving Father Who overlooks and forgives....and laughs!

FROM FM IN WISCONSIN: we have a parish on the south side of Racine which has a very modern church sign on which they post a different message each week. I am sharing your WW today with their interim pastor, Lee Longrie - thanks

FROM JM: One of Dad's favorite pictures of Jesus was the "laughing Jesus" -- it hung in his office for a long time. Now it's in Steve's home office. A great reminder to enjoy life!

FROM JN IN MICHIGAN: I saw, and bought, a greeting card that has this quote attributed to Martin Luther: "If there's no laughter in heaven, I don't want to go there." I've not been able to verify the authorship, but it would be nice to have a truly joyous quote from the man who is so often characterized only as serious and stern. FROM JACK: It's often attributed to Mark Twain, but you're right. Reliable sources say that it was Martin Luther...who was lnown for his sense of humor.

FROM BBC IN ILLINOIS: I like the laughing Christ drawing too - had it on the fridge for a while to give the children a less somber image. Thanks, always, for your thoughts.

FROM MOLINER CF: God's sense of humor is sometimes elusive. FROM JACK: So is yours...and mine, too.

FROM EM IN MICHIGAN: I've heard different versions of this one but it goes something like: "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." I'm trying not to take myself too seriously these days.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: “How would you like to be God and only have human beings to see your will done? Maybe I've had enough coffee this morning…” That is my tweet for this morning. FROM JACK: Do you think that God ever gets lonely, or is that a human condition? If loneliness is "human," then Jesus probably knew it.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: One of my men at Bethel had up in his office at a steel making factory, the Hook picture of a tosseld, sweatty head of Jesus with a smile. It looked like He may have just come off the open-hearth floor. The men who worked there really saw a connection between their Christianity & their workl! FROM JACK: Last Sunday, in my sermon, I referred to a sign above the door to George Washington Carver's lab. It read, "God's Little Workshop." I guess a steel factory can be God's Little Workshop. too.


No comments: