Thursday, January 29, 2009

Winning Words 1/29/09
“Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie.”
(Shakespeare) The truth is that our problems can often be solved by introspection. I like that word. It’s appropriate that today’s quote appears in the play, All’s Well That Ends Well. A follow-up quote from Wil seems to fit. “The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves.” And still, another: “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” The id is mysterious. ;-) Jack

MORE OF THE QUOTE FROM TRUMP: "My policy is to learn from the past, focus on the present, and dream about the future." MORE FROM JACK: My step father used to have this saying...“Forget about yesterday, plan a little bit for tomorrow, and live like hell today”.

FROM M.L. IN IL: introspection is a great word. i also like the word id. id's not used/heard often!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Ol' Bill seems to be saying that we can handle our own problems. A true Republican. FROM JACK: Who was it that asked, "Am I my brother's keeper?"

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: My id and I instinctively felt I should reply to this WW. My ego reasoned a well thought response, but then my super-ego became critical and judgmental and I decided to scrap the whole thing. FROM JACK : Sometimes our humanness confuses us. We are who we are, for better or worse.

FROM MY SON: The id is mysterious….and so is this WW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we can finally be peaceable with our id and not lie about it or something I think we have more peace with all others too, including God. This is a mysterious process, hopefully I know what an id is.
S.H. in MI