Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winning Words 1/15/09
“Give thanks for the veil that hides you from the infinite, which makes it possible for you to believe in what you cannot see.”
(Robert Nathan) The other day I asked the root canal dentist why there are nerves in teeth. He began his explanation by saying, “God, in his infinite wisdom…” Now, I understand the need for dental work. There are many things hidden behind the veil. I’m satisfied that there will come a day of explanation, and I will understand. Meanwhile, I give thanks. ;-) Jack


FROM L.K. IN OH: this one also is good, like so very many you have sent over the years....

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Why things are veiled is certainly a mystery.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: I'm not sure I give thanks for the veil, but I can accept it's being as the reason for faith in things. I would just as soon be able to observe the infinite, allowing me to both see and believe. On second thought, we're told to believe nothing we hear and only half of what we see. So I guess I have to accept half a veil.

FROM BBC IN IL: nice analogy.

No comments: