Thursday, January 08, 2009

Jack’s Winning Words 1/8/09
“There’s little difference in people, but the little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it’s positive or negative.”
(Bits & Pieces) I looked forward to having a root canal a couple of days ago, because I knew that I’d feel better afterward…and I do! Maybe it doesn’t always work, but I’ve found out that a positive attitude is one of my best friends. ;-) Jack


FROM PR J.S. IN MI: There's a lot of differences in people. We are unique. One of those differences might be attitude. To make it the only difference seems to me to be blind to reality. JACK'S RESPONSE: Reality is in the eye of the beholder.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: A battery has a positive and a negative pole. That's what makes it run. People who can be negative once in a while run better too. It ain't all roses out there. (From a positive thinker) JACK'S REPLY: Upon rereading, you'll notice that I had a disclaimer, saying that it might not always work...but it does for me. There are alot of negative things going on in the lives of alot of people. I realize that. I also realize that some words of encouragement might ease their pain. I think some words like that were used in one of my favorite movies, Field of Dreams. My son and I once played catch on that field.

FROM P.O. IN MI: think I generally approach life with a positive attitude --- but I definitely have to work on applying that to dental visits!!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: A positive attitude definitely helps get one through these days....sometimes it's harder to maintain one though, but it definitely worth the effort. JACK'S REPLY: Remember previous "conversations." I think I can, I think I can, I know I can.

FROM INDY GENIE: I think I'm going to call you Pastor John "PaulAndy" Freed from now on. That root canal story is DEFINETLY playing the "glad game". Thank you for those WW's!

FROM MOLINER G.S.: Couldn't agree more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Winning Words I am going to print out and tape onto my computer here!!!!!!
S.H. in MI