Friday, December 21, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 12/21/07
“Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.”
This is a good one to think about during this season when gifts are exchanged. Keep a stack of note cards handy, so you can write those Thank You’s right away. I wrote my first one today. How are you doing? ;-) Jack

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: I truly laughed today when I got this! God does have a great sense of humor and timing. I got my husband some gifts for Christmas two months ago, and forgot where I hid them. I have been searching and searching this house! So I did give without remembering and he may have to be thankkful without getting! I'm still laughing....and searching! And, when I find them, he will be thankful, as will I!

MORE FROM J.L.: It's kind of a joke because each year the kids get something after Christmas I forgot to give them. Here's a little something I am putting in the newsletter next month....
"I write down everything I want to remember. That way, instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote down, I spend the time looking for the paper I wrote it down on." Beryl Pfizer

FROM D.S. IN CALIFORNIA: This is a very poignant one for me, Jack. I really enjoy doing things for other people, but in the same instance, I like to be recognized (most of the time) for it....at least with a sincere "Thank you". Does that same something bad about me, and if so, how do I overcome it?

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Hi,not too good, but tomorrow I will try again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Winning Words. They apply to all of us receiving and giving assistance (i.e. food pantries, etc.) as well as family and friends giving gifts to each other. May God's Peace come to everyone.
Sharon