Thursday, December 13, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 12/13/07“ It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.” (Unknown) There are times when things don’t go they way we want them to go. There are reasons. But when reason, doesn’t work, there is God to blame. “Why does God let this happen? Why doesn’t God do something?” To me, God is the loving, caring and understanding parent. He sees things with the larger perspective. Hang in there. ;-) Jack

FROM C.H. ON CAPE COD: I think anger, directed at God, is much better than one of the alternatives some embrace - ignoring. When angry with someone, you are still in relationship, you are still engaged. Hence, I think anger can be a better alternative than silent treatment. Furthermore, the psalms underscore the point of this quotation.

RESPONSE FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Anger, ignoring? How about accepting that He is God and we are His creation?

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Being angry with God seems idiotic, to me, if you truly believe God is your maker. If you believe you have a right to question God, do you believe in God?

FROM MOLINE C.F.: I know you are right and I remind myself of that when times get depressing. But, it God made us in His image, wht did He make you so ugly?

FROM J.O. IN MICHIGAN: I try not to get angry with God, because I don't want him to get angry with me!

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: ok, U R a philosophy Major, or Minor???( I can't even spell it ), Pardon me, over 3800 GI's dead in a damned war. and he doesn't kick butt, U bet, I don't understand. Perspective, save me, Dear Lord, I do not understand, I am not angry, I am bewildered. Dear Sir, we need to discuss this, our children are being butchered, as they butcher others. I wasn't raised this way, perspective? We do not want to fund this war any more, We didn't want it to start. I am going down by the riverside, to study War no more.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: oh, i know this for a fact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe it is OK to get angry with God, that he can take it, too. But what did happen to Unknown? Tongue in cheek here. Sharon