Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 10/9/07
“The world is full of abundance and opportunity. Too many come with a teaspoon instead of a steam shovel.”
(Ben Sweetland) Talk about picturesque language…Can’t you just see it? Is that you with the steam shovel? There are so many opportunities out there, if we’ll just take the time to dig in. Sweetland has also written a book: “Grow Rich While You Sleep.” Keep the shovel beside your bed. ;-) Jack

FROM M.U. IN MICHIGAN: I don't think that there is much doubt that I operate a steam shovel.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: I use a steam shovel, but I still probably miss quite a bit! And, I must get his book....if there is anything I do well, it's sleep! I only sleep about 4-5 hours a night....do you think I would only be half as rich if I read it???

MORE FROM J.L.: I know I'm rich, but I don't know that his rich is as I haven't read his book. I'm rich in the things that count....love, family, friends, house over my head, food to eat, church to worship in, and FREEDOM!

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: I've never said, "I wish I had..........." But I've had a lot of, "I wish I hadn't said..........."

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: reminds me of a song .
"we're all just seeds in god's hands.
we start the same, but where we land is sometimes fertile soil, sometimes sand.
we're all just seeds in god's hands."
written by ? algers

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: A world of opportunities...how true! What happens to all the missed opportunities? Are they somehow recycled? Is there a world of hand-me-down opportunities, which are passed to someone else?

MORE FROM R.I.: I think all "opportunities" are part of the support system from our Lord. Just as we are provided all the basics that enable us to survive, there is a world of abstract content available which enables us to thrive. That content comprises the many "opportunities" in our lives, which when pursued expand us, fulfill us, and exemplify the stewardship which God expects from each of us.

FROM F.M. IN WISCONSIN: A rabbi wrote once . . . "we know how to fly like birds and we know how to swim like fish, but we do not know how to live on earth like humans" There is a lot of know about how to live like humans - including taking advantage of the gifts, the opportunities, and the grace of God.

No comments: