Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 10/23/07
“Just to stir things up seemed a great reward in itself.”
(Sallust) If you haven’t figured it out yet, my daily WWs are a great reward. Is there anything that you do to stir things up? …besides sending a clever response to what I have written? ;-) Jack


FROM MOLINER, G.S.: But stirring things up just to create controversy in itself does little good. One thing my mother said, "If you can't say something nice about a person, don't say anything at all." Some people enjoy doing putdowns at others' expense.
RESPONSE FROM JACK: >> Where was it that you learned to stir things up? I learned it on the >> basketball court. I used to enjoy holding on to the shorts of the >> player I was guarding, in such a way that the ref couldn't see it. I >> also fouled out quite frequently....but I loved the game, especially >> when I stirred things up.

FROM K.B. IN MICHIGAN: Sometimes I have such a propensity to stir things up that I feel like a blender.

FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: Glad your daily WWs are a great reward. It's fun to read them every day and learn something. Just now I looked up Sallust's biography. My own reward comes from fellowshipping among people who seem to be a little marginal--people who, for one reason or another, do not seem to get a lot of attention or concern for them. Sometimes it's because they are quiet and nondescript; sometimes it's because people don't want them; sometimes it's because if a person gets to know them it's going to require some time and energy and people are busy with their own group. However it happens, life gets stirred up from getting to know these sorts of people who seem to be a little marginal like I feel often too. Guess we're all just wandering around this world trying to find our way home and when a little bit of an inkling that we've arrived at home comes, it is a great reward.

FROM E.A. IN MICHIGAN: Easily. I could disagree with and take the opposite position on every WW you presented.--------------but I wouldn't.

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Sallust read my mind. Great good fun to stir the pot.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: One way to get things stiredup is to p[oke your head in the chicken tent at the Wilmot Fair (Kenosha County Fair ) and crow like a rooster as loud as you can, about four times.
Try it, you will get things stirred up-

Some day I'll tell you how my daughter and her friends caught a catfish on Hoocker lake, Wisc, way back when. Have you ever tried to fish in a car top boat with seven girls-, that is the most fun-

FROM MOLINER, EFP: Hi. Several years ago, my daughter, Gisela, somehow spun off (eliminated) my old screen name. We spent literally one day trying all sorts of (we thought) clever new screen names, only to find each time that 1200 other people had the same original idea.
Alas! Icre8havoc. No one else had thought of it yet. Named in honor of the little girl who continues to create havoc. Just for the fun of it, I often think...


FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: i have what i call, "seed planters". they are usually one or two-liners that stir the thoughts. i thank you for daily winning words. they stir my thoughts!

FROM MOLINER, J.T.: You really don't stir things up, but you do open a door for deep (somtimes lite) conversations.

No comments: