Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 10/2/07
“A little more laughter; a little less worry; a little more kindness; a little less hurry.”
(seen on a plaque) More or less? It’s a decision that we have to make every day. What will you laugh at today? Who will benefit from your kindness? So…. Grab your coat and get your hat Leave your worries on the doorstep Life can be so sweet On the sunny side of the street. ;-) Jack

FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: Gosh, those would make great song lyrics.

FROM D.P. IN MINNESOTA: Todays words are very winning!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Oh how wise is him, Who knows when to laugh and when only to grin
When to trust and when to doubt, When to start a fire and when to put one out.
When to work and when to worry When to go slow and when to hurry
When to ignore and when to care I can be that man, if I dare
I’m not much of poet these days, but I like the first couple of lines, your WW reminded me of a time recently I laughed out loud and hurt someone’s feelings. This was a time when my wry Norwegian grin would have been the better choice. Temperance is the watch word. “Saying and doing the right things, at the right times, for the right reasons.”

FOLLOW UP FROM JON: I was scolded for using “him” where “he” would be proper grammar, by a good friend. I pleaded the poets prerogative, besides it would not rhyme with my original thought—that I should sometimes grin and keep my mouth shut.

FROM S.G. IN FLORIDA: A great philosophy......

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: at pre-school, we use the phrase, "no hurry no worry". it's great when i hear them remind each other when neccesary.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: We all need more laughter and less offense in our lives! Starting today!

FROM EMT SINGS: I am singing along with you. I have been up in T.C. so I am reading it late. Mother goes with us, of course, and loves the time up there.

No comments: