Wednesday, October 17, 2007


Jack’s Winning Words 10/17/07
“I think you’re not a human being unless you have doubts and fears.”
(Coach K) It’s comforting to know that we’re all in the same boat. What I’d like to know is how you have been able to keep doubt and fear from taking up permanent residence in your life. That should make for an interesting and helpful blog. ;-) Jack


FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: Now that I just have shared my doubts and fears with you, here comes along Henri Nouwen's meditation on the Church--God's talking to me explaining the situation (telling me don't expect perfection in the Church I guess) this is very comforting in helping me deal with my doubts and fears.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Certainly there are rational things to fear and threats to our physical well being depending on our occupation or geographical location. The hard part for me is to keep from using irrational fear, worry, or doubt as an excuse for not doing what we know we should do. “I’ll try,” has become the battle cry of the mediocre. “I’ll try” is generally excusing failure in advance. I find taking action dissipates fear, worry, and doubt. Inaction encourages its growth.

FROM EMTSINGS: Another of my "Thoughts for the Day" was this: "Take care of each other, we're all in the same boat amd some of us don't swim so well!" Thanks for giving me a chance to "write".



FROM JACK: It''s hard to argue with K's success, using his philosophy.

MORE FROM GOOD DEBT: Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment. Dale Carnegie.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: I guess the key is not to let doubts and fears take over your life. When Gary started flying every week, I had a choice...be worried about it, or not. I chose not. Sometimes, when the weather was bad, I'd look out the window and fear would step in. With God's help, I would remember my choice. God is with us and with Gary and that is the way I look at everything I face. Now, I would be a lair if I told you I'm not afraid anymore of anything, because spiders can terrify me!! Unreasonable, but true. It's the little jumpy ones that get to me!

FROM N.E. IN MICHIGAN: You would be assuming that all have been able to keep doubt and fear from taking up permanent residence in their lives. Personally, I do have a couple of nagging ones.

FROM MOLINER, A.E.: At Cross trainers this morning 130-140 guys from perhaps 35 different denominations assembled this morning and listened to a former Davenport Basket Ball Coach, Mike Reid remind us, and I share in part what we learned from our Father who art in heaven, who according to Mike: we must share what we are told by James the step brother of Jesus who writes in the first Chapter of:
James 1:12-27 (NIV)12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.


FROM MOLINER, C.F.: I doubt that, I fear.

FROM G.G. IN INDIANA: Probably the #1 help to me has been the support of my family and friends. Physical work helps /cleaning,laundry,gardening and my mothers' favorite.... scrubbing floors on my hands and knees. Exercise (I like yoga) ,dancing , singing and praying helps too. So far, with all of these things sustaining me, Fear and Doubt have not become my permanent roommates.

No comments: