Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 10/16/07
“Maybe the most any of us can expect of ourselves isn’t perfection, but progress.”
(Michelle Burford) I saw a tee shirt advertised with this slogan: “I’m not perfect, but I’m so close, it scares me.” Do you want to know where to order one? I think that most of us are just satisfied to make a little progress each day. Good luck! ;-) Jack

FROM D.R. IN MICHIGAN: Joyce Meyers has a saying “I may not be where I’m suppose to be but, I thank God I’m not where I used to be.” The idea is we are all just a work in progress and with God’s help we can change and grow into better people. Just enjoy the journey!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: FROM NIGHTINGALE.COM "Be where you are. That's an important part of living a centered life. When your life is in balance, your access to the optimal emotional state is easy and effortless." Nick Hall
This doesn’t have much to do with today’s quote, but I like it. It’s hard to be where you are.


FROM REV. J.S. IN MICHIGAN: "Be ye perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect!"

FROM E.D. IN AZ: Reminds me of the movie "What about Bob?" When Bill Murray famously repeated "baby steps, baby steps, baby steps" which was suppose to help him slowly deal with his phobias..

FROM REV. J.D. IN MINNESOTA: WHERE CAN I BUY A T SHIRT WHICH SAYS " I'M NOT PERFECT AND NEVER WILL BE."

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: All it takes is just a little progress each day. And today, I made progress! I have been having computer problems and with my son's help, was able to actually fix it! A major point for me, a computerly challenged person! A little progress but positive progress none-the-less. Blessings!

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Isn't that a defeatist attitude?

FROM G.G. IN INDIANA: Good one.....moving forward is very satisfying. In fact, the idea of perfection can actually inhibit our progress, don't you think?.

FROM EMTSINGS: That reminds me of something called "Pot Shots" that appeared in the Traverse City (and other places I'm sure) paper some years ago. He wrote a couple little books that contained collections of these little gems. The cover on one of the books featured a man wearing a Tee shirt that said I May Not be Totally Perfect But Parts Of Me Are Excellent, it also added on the cover "and other brilliant thoughts by Ashleigh Brilliant". Another book of his is entitled Appreciate Me Now and Avoid the Rush. These little sayings were always accompanied by some very interesting drawings. Thanks for reminding me of that very funny man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find that if I set my sights on progress, I can actually get ahead a little each day. If I set my sights on perfection, actually I start slipping backwards instead of forward. Especially this applies to diets where wanting to be perfect just makes me larger. This seems to be scriptural in that I find myself doing what I don't want to do and not doing what I want to do. There is a lot of truth in the Bible.