Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 10/11/07
“I am still learning.”
(Michelangelo) Next to my computer, I have the iconic image of the hand of God giving life to Adam. As I look, I can almost see the spirit of one going to the other. Michelangelo was a genius. Maybe it’s the truly smart person who is able to say: “I am still learning.” Let’s see; what shall I learn today? ;-) Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Ancora Imparo is engraved in the brickwork on my garage; in Latin it translates to "I am still learning".

FROM EMT SINGS IN MICHIGAN: I absolutely think that you learn something new every day. Like yesterday I learned that you can not put a hot iron on a counter top and not have it do serious damage. Even if you were doing 10 things at once and thought you were hurrying! I do a lot of that these days, but talk about lessons learned! It won't happen again. And truly, through the years it seems like the lessons that stuck the most were the ones that were learned the hard way! What do you think? Take care!

FROM C.H. ON CAPE COD: Don't forget to let us know tomorrow morning!

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: I just learned that Jack is still learning. He also a good teacher. But, I already knew that.

FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: Oh gosh --- there's just so much, isn't there? And it's interesting to keep learning about oneself. Every time I think I know me, I get another surprise.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: He was a genius! He was one of my favorites to study. The parents always said, "If you aren't learning, you're dead." That is so true! As my friend Sarah says, "Be Blessed!"

FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: You know the Michelangelo painting is fascinating--God's and Adam's fingers touching. Especially noting that Michelangelo set his whole self to expressing the relationship--do you suppose he prayed continuously for God to touch his own hands to enable him to paint the genius way he did? Hands blessed to do God's work here on earth and further His Kingdom.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: You bet I am still learning.AT&T has changed the format of this E-mail, and I hope I have figgured out how to reply to you. Our dear leader in Pharmacy school said in Freshman Forum, "you will continue learning all you life because Pharmacy is continually changing. Thank goodness, that meant our reasearch pharmacists are continuing to develop new solutions to problem new and old. Hopefully when it is discovered how to treat pain and arthritis without drowsiness and constipation our reasearc hers will share the solutions with us. It has been said that the Good Lord waists youth on the young. Well I am glad people are youngand vibrant, however we old folks need a lot of that spring in he knees and in the mind. We would appreciate the principal of sharing. Bob, Lord I am asking you for help, please, help.

FROM A.S. IN MICHIGAN: Just got off jury duty for first time; quite a learning experience as it was a criminal case!

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: live and learn...

FROM JEANNE B.: Hi "Word Man" A weird puzzle just came to me as I was folding laundry today - why do we say a pair of pants or blue jeans or underwear when we have just one piece of fabric in our hands? Is it because both legs go into these garments? If that is so why don't we say a pair of shirts since both arms go in? Just wondering! Part of my continuing learning from yesterdays Winning Words.

FROM J.F. IN NOVA SCOTIA: Reminded me of a couple of cartoons about the Sistine Chapel ceiling. I think the first one may have been a Chas. Adams in the New Yorker. Anyhow, M. is up on the scaffold putting on the finishing touches, and someone in robes comes in below and says, "Hey, Michaelangelo, you can come down now--the Pope has decided to wallpaper."The second one came to me on a ham radio QSL card from a contact in Italy. It shows the same scene, but God looks shocked and the cherubims and seraphims or whatever they were look appalled.God is about to touch fingers with Homer Simpson.
Sometimes the second one seems all too true.

No comments: