Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 10/10/07
“Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, and how to acquire without meanness.”
(George Sand) As you can see, there are three parts to this quote. I’m trying to think what it is that ties them together. (ponder, ponder) BTW,
did you know that George was a woman who lived in France in the 19th century? You’ll find that her life story is truly an interesting one. She smoked a pipe. ;-) Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Grace. Grace is what ties them together.

FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: The first 2 have a pretty straightforward tie, but I'm going to ponder how the 3rd one fits on my morning walk (45 mins. after I put my granddaughter on the school bus --- I'm loving this retirement routine!)

FROM A.M. IN MICHIGAN: All three go beyond self; second great commandment acted out.

FROM D.P. IN MINNESOTA: I think all three relate to being grateful as opposed to being selfish.

FROM F.M. IN WISCONSIN: You got me interested in him (her) so I read a brief biography - from what I read I don't think she would have been called 'gorgeous' . . . but George for sure!

No comments: