Monday, September 24, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 9/24/07
“Our prayers should be for blessings in general, for God knows best what is good for us.”
(Socrates) A mother once told me that it was so difficult to pray The Lord’s Prayer as she stood beside the casket of her son…particularly the words, “Thy will be done.” And yet, there was a relief! When we are up against “impossible” situations, there is a relief in asking God to activate his will for our good. ;-) Jack


FROM G.G. IN INDIANA: "Right on" with the winning words again ! I'm a little stressed (understatement) with my job search and this morning I was trying to bring God in on it by formulating a prayer... Then I checked my email..."Blessings in general"...good one. I can take a deep breath now.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Old Socrates is correct about this statement. When I was little, I used to prayer mostly about the weather, believe it or not...."Please don't let it rain, or please make it cool today." How silly, but then again, no prayer is silly to our God. He loves us, nurtures us and forgives us. There is relief in talking to God.

No comments: