Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 9/18/07
“God loves you, and I’m trying to.”
(A sign seen in an office) You are probably going to meet some people today who are difficult to love, yes, even like. Ask yourself, “How can God love them?” Then I’m going to find a mirror. ;-) Jack


FROM MOLINER, G.S.: Jack, our chaplain stated some time ago that he now assumes that every other person he talks with is hurting emotionally somewhere. It's helped me to be more loving............at least I try!

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: This made me laugh. I wonder how many times I had to reassure myself that God does love that "weirdo" too. Of course, I was looking in the mirror when I said it! God has a great sense of humor and He blessed me with one too.

FROM REV. J.S. IN MICHIGAN: It's not a philosophical question in the scriptures. It is a statement of fact....if one accepts revelation, that is. Of coure, for a relativist the scriptures authoritative style may be a bit hard to handle. Good luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very comforting Winning Words, Pastor Freed. I've often been in the situation where I don't feel other people are loving me but know that God loves me so am very grateful and thankful to know God loves all other people and it's important I try to love them too. It is possible to be able to walk in the shoes of other people.