Monday, September 10, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 9/10/07
“All people want is someone to listen.”
(Hugh Elliott) Are you listening? As you move around in your corner of the world, try listening to what the people are saying. What is it that you hear? Commentary on politics? A joke? The sharing of a personal problem? Something profound? Listen and make someone happy. ;-) Jack


FROM MY SON: Is that why you send out WW?

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Listening is good...hearing is better.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: I've never listened REALLY well. Too busy talking.

FROM D.S. IN MICHIGAN: And more and more people don't take the time to listen - so sad. Or don't "hear" what's really being said.A bit of good news here though - Research shows that kids (teens) are really listening when a parent discusses their beliefs and rules when it comes to alcohol and drugs and other high risk behaviors. Parents might not always be able to tell but keep talking to them, they are listening :-)

FROM EUNICE SINGS: Another good quote. I may put that on my refrigerator! Seriously, though, I have found it to be true my whole life. And especially now that I have my Mother here. I am obviously very busy just "doing" for her. But often I will just sit down beside her and listen to the great things she has to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true, Pastor Freed.
dictionary: listen - to make a conscious effort to hear. I think many times what we all want is for someone to listen with their heart. When those little or big God-incidents happen in our relationships there comes such feeling of peace and belonging. Jesus is our example and the Master of this type of listening.