Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 3/28/07
“Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.”
(Unknown) Why do we persist in hanging on to “stuff,” when we’d be better off to just let go? Oh well, today is a new day and an opportunity to make peace. Give peace a chance! ;-) Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: "If you want to know your past - look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future - look into your present actions." Chinese Proverb Or as a contemporary American said, “The ancestors of the haves and the have-nots are the dids and the did-nots.

FROM DR. J.H. IN OHIO: Actually, I always tell my nieces and nephews (and now my daughter) to use this line when they are in a fight with each other or friends. My one nephew (Matthew now age 14) once said at age 8 or so... Good idea Aunt Jodi... I'll say "give peace a chance" and then when my friend is stunned by trying to figure out what I'm talking about, I'll punch him in the nose and run...
Not quite what I had intended, but there you have it!


FROM M.L. IN ILL: making peace with the past is daily ritual...so i guess i'm not screwing up the present too much! i view each day as a new gift filled with the intention of peace and not screwing up!

No comments: