Thursday, July 18, 2019


Jack’s Winning Words 7/18/19
“Confidence is contagious.  So is lack of confidence.”  (Vince Lombardi)  “What happened to you?  You’re different!”  I had just come home from a week of Sensitivity Training.  ST was popular at that time.  For me, that week was a real confidence builder and helped change my ministry.  Pastors need a confidence lift, too…especially if they are going to “give legs” to the Bible verse, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”  It’s really true!   ;-)  Jack 


FROM DR J:  Indeed! You can do it! All this are possible! My PT training is going really really well. In fact my young doctor took a video of me walking unassisted yesterday so he could show his brothers who are also surgeons... but  they tease that the younger brother cannot be that good yet. The video was the way for the younger surgeon to tease back. I like the banter between the brothers and it made me smile and gave me confidence. I know my doctor has confidence too as he wanted to show off a bit to his brothers. I hope your PT is going well and I know you can do it!===JACK:  I think recovery has something to do with competitiveness.  "I'm going to show them!  ...the PT, the doctor!"  I know that I have that steak in me.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  Amen and Hallelujah to that!===JACK:  Shout it out, brother! and bang that tambourine!

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Confidence is only worthwhile, to me, if built on reality. ===JACK: I think that it's possible to psych yourself up to a level beyond reality.  As the old song (Swinging on a Star) puts it..."You can be better than you are!"  

FROM MV AT ML:  I say that Bible Verse every night before sleep and at other times of need. \\\JACK:  ...a great way to go to sleep...and a great way to wake up!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength."We've found that to be true, haven't we? I think having an identical twin boosted our confidence...we were noticed, and felt confident to tackle athletics and performances together.  I had to boost my
confidence when I married and carried on "alone" by reading N.V. Peale's book! :-)   "Whenever I feel afraid, I hold my head erect, and whistle a happy tune, so no one will suspect, I"m afraid"...as the young son sings in "The King and I". Keep your head up !===JACK:  None of us is so strong that we can always go it alone.  "Call on me in the day of trouble, and I will answer you."  There are "those" times, aren't there?

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Accent the positive!===JACK:  ...and eliminate the negative!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Never quite thought confidence was catching.  I’ll have to do some experimenting on my own.     (We’ve been up in East Tawas with the family.  Beautiful place on Lake Huron.). No WiFi though.  Hope you are having a good summer.===JACK:  I like to hang around with positive people.  Negative outlooks can be catching, too





No comments: