Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 6/26/19
“It’s easy to make a buck.  It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.”  (Tom Brokaw)  Making a difference (creating change), begins with an attitude that change can be done.  What is it that you want to change?  A habit?,,Other people?..The environment?..Your situation?..The world’s values?  Improvement begins with “I”.  It’s tough to affect change if “I” isn’t into making changes, even little ones.  “I think I can” can happen when it becomes, “I know I can.”    ;-)  Jack


FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:  Another one of my favorite people===JACK:  I like him, too.  It bothers me that there are those who revel in pointing out flaws in our heroes (i.e. dredging up unverified accusations of improprieties), as if heroes must be perfect in every way.  "Let the on who is without sing point the finger."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Making little differences are sometimes world changing for someone. ===JACK:  Difference-making often helps two...the giv-ee and the giv-er.


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  we support seven favorite charities with a monthly gift of $20 each.  its not much but we hope it makes a difference in some way.  (we also give much larger gifts to our church, Concordia College,  Luther Seminary,  Lutheran Social Services, Mt. Carmel Camp,  and Lake Wapogassett Bible Camp).  just didn't want you to think we were skin-flints!:):):)   btw,  where did that word ever come from===JACK:  "skinflint. "miser, one who makes use of contemptible economy to keep money," 1700, slang; literally "kind of person who would skin a flint to save or gain something," from skin (v.) + flint. Flay-flint in same sense is from 1670s."

FROM NORM'S BLOG:  We begin each day faced with lots of choices – what to wear, what to have for breakfast, what route to take to work and many more. Add to that list the simple question, “What can I do to make a difference today?” and maybe that will put you in the right frame of  mind to go out and make that difference. Making the world a better place is a pretty big difference making challenge to throw at yourself the first thing in the morning; so. maybe start with the goal of just making a positive difference in someone else’s life. Something as small as a smile and a friendly “Hello” or holding a door open for someone can make his or her day better. Acts of kindness and consideration make a difference, one person at a time. Will you make a difference today?===JACK:  I couldn't have said it better.

FROM SF:  Teachers make a difference.===JACK:  I'm sure that we can each name a teacher who has made a difference in our life.  Mr Ekblad for me.  How about you?===SF:  Mr Krucki, DPS
Changed my life. ===JACK:  James J. Krucki, of Chelsea, MI, age 81, passed away on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at his home. He was born October 21, 1936, in Grand Rapids, MI, the son of Joseph and Sophia (Karpinski) Krucki. On August 23, 1958 he married Susan (Stewart), and she survives. He is also survived by his children Elaine Bogner, Timothy (Kathy) Krucki, Christopher (Marie) Krucki, his sister Penny Padgett, and grandchildren Kelly, Lizzie, Kevin, Krystan, Kayce, Shelby, Kyle, and Haley. He was preceded in death by his sister Judy Roobol.   Jim was a long-time math teacher at Detroit Cooley and Grosse Pointe North High Schools, as well as a successful football coach for 19 years.  He was inducted into the Michigan High School Football Association Coaches Hall of Fame in 2006 with an overall record of 108-50-2.  He was the 1973 Detroit Free Press Suburban Coach of the Year, the 1979 Detroit News Metro East Coach of the Year, and was inducted into the Grosse Pointe North Coaches Hall of Fame in 1981 after retiring from coaching in 1980. He was a fixture at many of his grandchildren’s events after retiring.===SF:  I had no idea. May he rest in peace. I loved him. He touched his students’ minds and hearts. 😢

FROM LBP:  Believe that you can? Yoda says, “Do or do not do. There is no try” I get waytoo caught up in “try.” I’ll try to attend that activity. I’ll try to do better about exercising. ... I’ll try to make a difference. Maybe I need more doing (or not doing)===JACK:  As a child, I learned: "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."  

No comments: