Friday, June 28, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 6/25/19
“We live in an age of mumbo jumbo, and these days no one is more jumbo with his mumbo than…”  (Ether Walker)  Fill in the blank…In your opinion, who is it that is jumbo with his mumbo?  Jesus used 11 words for the Golden Rule.. In the 1940s my home pastor was called, “Twenty Minute Tillberg,” because of his short sermons.  A pastor I knew had an alarm clock in his pulpit set to go off after 15 minutes. I try to limit WWs’ mumbo to 5 lines.  OK? 

 FROM RVB:  Thanks, 5 lines keeps me thinking beyond the words.===JACK:  Rear carefully!  Some of my messages are written between the lines.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  TRUMP of course! :-(===JACK:  Mumbo jumbo is defined:  "language or ritual causing or intended to cause confusion or bewilderment."  If the shoe fits.

FROM CZB:  Trump===JACK:  In the song, Were You There, one line says: "He never said a mumbling word."  Sometimes, there's too much jumbo in some people's mumbo.

FROM VW MARY:  WWs  definitely are not mumbo....===JACK:  I'll try to keep that in mind as I write the Words for next week.

FROM LBP:  Lately it seems to be all *jumbled* as to who is spouting mumbo jumbo and who has something real to say, jumbo or no===JACK:  Verbosity is not practiced in my messages...or sermons.  At least, I try to avoid it."===LBP:  Before the internet was a thing these "winning words" were dubbed "sentence sermons" and printed on the back of the Sunday bulletin. Now that is a short sermon : )===JACK:  You remembered! 

FROM TL:  Winning Words is the perfect, quick, concise and thought provoking start to my day.  Thank YOU!===JACK:  506 on the current mailing list...with unknown number of "forwards."

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  so i googled mumbo jumbo...===JACK:  I had not taken into consideration that slang terms are sometimes are oriented to certain generations.  My generation likes those words/





.

No comments: