Friday, June 28, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 6/21/19
“I never look back.  I look ahead.”  (Milton Hershey)  He never went past 4th grade, but he was smart enough to invent my favorite, the Hershey’s candy bar.  The quality of his product and the well-being of his workers came before profit.  And, he was extremely successful.  On his desk was a sign: “Business is a matter of human service!” Outside of a school that he founded for orphans is a statue of him…“His deeds are his monument.  His life is our inspiration.”   ;-)  Jack

FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:  Thanks.  I have another new hero.===JACK:  Sorry, but Hero Candy is made by Cadbury, not Hershey's.  Personally, I like Hershey's better than Cadbury.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  We are thankful to him for more than his chocolate bars!!  He was a good man.===JACK:  You seem to likes Hershey's Kisses.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  A remarkable man, it would seem. I didn't know that much about him, but am impressed! Each dawn a new day to look "forward" to, right? Hoping for positive happenings! At my age,,most of my life is "back" of me; Maybe author Margaret Wander hit on a truth when she said, "It is only possible to live "happily ever after" on a day-to-day basis."===JACK:  The people in Hershey, PA, when the company moved its operations to Mexico for "business" reasons.

FROM HONEST JOHN:  My favorite was the Tootsie Roll POP===JACK:  Did you know that Hershey's makes chocolate lollipops?

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  good one, Jack!    would that we had more like him in the world today.   corporate America has become so profit driven and so greedy that it seems to care little anymore about "human or community service".  there are exceptions, of course.  but  just look at Big Pharma.   Americans are dying because they cannot afford insulin and the formula for making it has not changed one iota in 50 years.    but the price of insulin surely  has changed!   plh    p.s.  a distant acquaintance of mine goes to Canada and buys her insulin for one tenth the cost of our insulin. what is wrong with this picture??===JACK:  It's not very pretty, but "business is business!"

FROM LBP:  Not sure how well the recording worked. But I think I’ll have this in my head awhile. ===JACK:  Is that you singing "Lord, walk with me"?  If so, I like it!



No comments: