Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 2/26/19
“I  love people who make me laugh.  Laughing cures a multitude of ills.  It’s probably the most important thing in a person.”  (Audrey Hepburn)  When I want a laugh, I YouTube the 3 Stooges, Jonathan Winters or Groucho, or call a friend.  Laughter has a way of getting our mind off other things.  I like that story in the Bible that tells of a time when old Sarah laughed.  What makes you laugh?  It might not cure all ills, but it beats living in daily sadness.   ;-)  Jack

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  My small five great grandchildren make me smile!===JACK:  The children of today make me optimistic for the future of society.

FROM SF IN FLA:  Good morning! My grandkids make me laugh. They are so joyful and hopefully, so innocent! Although…the twins are 13 and seem to know everything!  We just returned from a Caribbean cruise with all of them in honor of my 70th birthday. I am just so happy… can’t wipe the smile off my face!   We are blessed.  I have finished the text for my little book and my girlfriend/illustrator is working on the watercolor art. I think I’m about to bring this baby home!🤓
Hope all is well with you and your family. Stay warm and buckle down! Whoosh.===JACK:  Seeing an e-mail from you makes me smile...especially one that shows how happy you are for your family.  It will be another happy day when your book is published.  Yes, the weather here is cold, but that's to be expected.  It's winter, up north.  Looking forward to the time when the snowbirds return.

FROM DR J:  YOU make me laugh… always have!===JACK:  Datsun!  BTW, the attachment picture didn't show up.===DR J:  ===DR J:  The Hulk! I think you said something like… the best looking guy in Maumee Ohio!===JACK:  Yes, that was a knee-slapper!  How about the best-looking girl?

FROM DB IN WB:  I liked Robin Williams. He played in Patch Adams. Dr Adams (supposedly a real person) believes the same thing.===JACK:  Oftentimes comedians have very sad episodes in their personal lives..."Laughing on the outside and crying on the inside,"  Have a happy day today!

FROM THE SHARK:  I watch FOX news to get my daily dose of laughs :)===JACK:  I cry!

FROM QUILTING CAROL:  I LOVE to laugh and like this quote today!  Lots of things can make me laugh – some of my goofy habits, a small child’s attempts at learning something new, a young child telling you a made up joke, pets doing fun things in the snow, a squirrel trying to figure out how to get into the birdfeeder, good jokes.  Sad if a person can’t laugh at least once every day.  Hope you laugh today.  One of our favorite restaurants in town sends these silly jokes every Monday. I share them with our youngest grandsons as I know I can hear them groaning when they read them.
Q: Why couldn't the pony sing himself a lullaby?
A: He was a little hoarse.
Q: What kind of lion never roars?
A: A dandelion!
Q: What's a pirate's favorite letter?
A: Arrrrrr!
===JACK:  I thought you might say that Bob makes you laugh.  Tell this one to your grandsons...
"He was the apple of his mother's eye, but he wasn't appealing to me."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Laughter is such a blessing!  It takes away the blues, pain and brings such joy!  There’s nothing like a good laugh!===JACK:  When was the last time you had a good laugh?===JUDY:  Saturday...my grandson made a funny request to our Alexa. He kept asking her to play Lemonade but it was Wemonade because he can’t say L’s yet.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I'm with Audrey! A good laugh saves many a day;! As famous preacher,  Henry Ward Beecher said, "A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs--jolted by every pebble in the road." I read that "whoever invented knock-knock jokes should win the No-bell prize...":-)  Knock-knock. Who's there? Noah. Noah who?  Noah lot of good jokes, and you'll feel better!  Enuff said...===JACK:   My brother-in-law once got the idea that he should start off each sermon with a joke.  He told me a few, and I responded...BAD IDEA!









No comments: