Monday, November 19, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 11/19/18
“You are being manipulated.  You are the puppet.  They are the puppeteers.”  (Thomas Paine)  If you were to identify with one of the Muppets, who would you choose?  Miss Piggy, Kermit, Elmo, Gonzo…or Jim Henson?   Would you pick Henson…to be in control?  When   someone else chooses for us, frustration grows.  That’s why elections, the stock market, or job security seem to be out of our hands.  Keep this in mind when you are “the Henson.”   ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHNl  The Swedish Chef???===JACK:  I thought of you as the Swedish Chef, too...but only after I couldn't decide between Statler or Waldorf.

FROM DB IN WB:  (I think that I am in a position of being manipulated in a terrible way) ===JACK:  Yes, there are puppeteers in real life. It's a real problem.

FROM WALMART REV:  But I am trusting you, O LORD, saying, “You are my God!” My future is in your hands. Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly. Let Your favor shine on your servant (Psalm 31:14-16 NLT). 0;-)===JACK:  In a sense, God is a puppeteer to those who believe in predestination.  But for those who believe that God has given us free-will, he is a creator who stands by us a loving and caring father, ready to help in time of need.===REV:  Well said!

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I don’t tell adults what to do! We are the land of the free and the home of the brave!===JACK:  Have you ever honked the horn on your car?===SHIRL:  Not that I know of. ===JACK:  I don't think that Mother Teresa ever honked the horn on her car, either.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Jim Henson but for a totally different reason.  I loved his imagination!  He could make puppets I could never imagine!   We are more like pawns in a chess game.  One move from some politician and we are moved one way and even lives change... for the good of the people or the detriment.===JACK:  I'd change "from some politician" to read, "from God," and then eliminate "or the detriment."

No comments: