Friday, November 16, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 11/16/18
“By mid-November I always like to have an extra 15 pounds on me.”  (Holling Vincoeur dialog written by Diane Frolov & Andrew Schneider for Northern Exposure)  About a week ago we received our first winter’s snow.  It was beautiful, but a reminder of what’s in store.  East, west, north or south, life has a way of catching us off guard.  Time is short!  Are there words that need to be spoken, deeds that need to be done, fences that need mending?  Just do it!   ;-)  Jack

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL: so why does the world so often not see the wisdom of these words? ===JACK:  I'm not the Answer Man.  BTW, back in the radio days of the 30's, 40's and 50' there was a 15-minute program on Sunday nights called, The Answer Man, where questions submitted by listeners would be answered - ""Why does bubble gum bubble?".  Another program was The Bible Answer Man - "How tall was Jesus?"===PAUL:  i never heard of those programs but i imagine they were quite innovative at that time...

FROM DB IN WB:  Oh wow, Jack! (coincidence)  I have been doing just that lately!===JACK:  Wow!  The snow (making) man must have been looking.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement!===JACK:  I enjoy it so much that I'm working ahead.  The Winning Words quote planned for 12/31/18 is:  “I think in terms of the day’s resolutions, not the years.”  (Henry Moore)

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  That’s funny!  I would like to say I’d like to take off 15 pounds.  Because of this snow, our leaves aren’t all picked up, the branch pile didn’t get burned the barn didn’t get swept.  But the gardens got cleaned out.  Do you think it will get warm before it gets colder this year?  I don’t think so!===JACK:  After "years" of experience, I have come to rely of the unexpected thaw..  It's not even winter, yet.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Enjoy each day! What today I am attending a class about China! Interesting people-all much younger than me! It should be very interesting. The first class on China that I took was at Columbia in 1953–also a long time ago!===JACK:  65 years ago!  Things have changed since then...including your cognitive skills...and mine.

FROM KANSAN DON:  I just read that India just opened its first elephant hospital.  Imagine the ambulance crew and siren. Hope the elephant doesn’t get scared and act up.JACK:  I'd hate to be the one administering an enema to the patient!


No comments: