Monday, October 29, 2018

Jack’s Winnning Words 10/29/18
“Oh, Man, if in real life…I had all the answers, things would be easier.”  (Kyle Chandler)  I started with Google…and then to Dog Pile looking for the origin of the expression, “Oh Man.”  The phrase traces to Anglo-Saxon days, and can mean: surprise, amazement, even exasperation.  I’m reading Man, Oh Man, a new book (an un-novel novel) by Mike Corrao.  A book’s title can often hint at its content.  As I read, I’m being surprised, amazed and even exasperated.  ;-)  Jack
Man, Oh Man - Orson's Publishing

FROM SF:  I’m going to read it. 📚===JACK:  Have you ever read an un-novel novel?   Man, Oh Man!

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I am reading Alexander McCall  Smiths a time of love and tartan! Have u read any of his series? The r great! I started with the woman’s detective agency. This is part of his Scotland series! The author of Harry Potter series are neighbors in Edinburgh where I once spent the summer of 1956!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I've never heard of an "un-novel, novel". It sounds intriguing, and yes,
exasperating!!  I'll have to check it out. But having "all the answers" to Life would take away the thrill of the "adventure" wouldn't it?  Who knows, since most of us have come by some answers to an abundant life by trying to live out our faith. (More or less, now and then, as Bill used to opine...)
Big Blessings, and continued answers!


No comments: