Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 10/24/18
“I hear, I know!  I see, I remember!  I do, I understand!”  (Confucius)  Confucius usually says serious stuff, but do you remember Confucius say… jokes?  Confucius say, man who laughs last not get joke.  Confucius say, a bird in hand makes hard to blow nose…Confucius say, man who sit on hot stove will rise again.  Jimmy Durante would sing, You gotta start off each day with a song.  Let’s change that a bit and sing, You gotta start off each day with a smile.   ;-)  Jack 

FROM A POLICE OFFICER:  How about you gotta start off each day with a prayer===JACK:  A good suggestion...and how about starting with a prayer for the safety of all protect and serve us each day?

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  Thanks for bringing Confucius back to mind.  And a serious sample of his thinking.  The humor generated by his sayings isn't prevalent lately, but the jokes you mentioned still provoke laughs.  I'm starting off this day with a smile!===JACK:  There may be some confusion about Confucius in the minds of some (not you).  How about Googling him to clarify?

FROM TEACHER AP:  When I first read this years ago, I created a large poster which hung in my classroom for many years. It was a good reminder for me on how to conduct my teaching.
Thank you for this good reminder today. I'm working in a preschool daily this year. I missed working with children!!===JACK:  Speaking of magic, do kids still like to sing, "Puff, the Magic Dragon?"

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Yes enjoy each day! We went to Epcot yesterday and saw lots of happy people enjoying the food and wine festival on a very beautiful day!===JACK:  I didn't realize that
 EPCOT, is an acronym for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, a utopian city of the future planned by Walt Disney, often interchanging "city" and "community."===SHIRL:  Unfortunately Walt died before he could carry out his plan. It is very beautiful though and we were there for the food and wine festival!===JACK:  So, you were on a first-name acquaintance with Mr Disney.  Was he ever over at your house for sinner?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  “Let a smile be your umbrella for a rainy rainy day!”===JACK:  Did you sing that song at Girl Scout Camp when it was a rainy day?  I'm sure that you sang some other "smile" songs at camp.  Summer camp...a great experience.===JUDY:  We learned and later I taught many songs. Most had “sunny words”.  A lot we silly songs and some were Girl Scout Songs. ===JACK:  Did you ever sing, "I wear my [ink pajamas?"===JUDY:  Yep!!  The girls loved it!!  Lol

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  This did start off our day with a smile and some laughter. ===JACK:  Not politically correct, but in those days the term was not known.  But society always has room for improvement.

FROM LB IN MI:  Well, Jim's mom sometimes took a while to get a joke, but she did get it.  One day she was laughing at the sink while washing dishes and Jim asked her what she was laughing about.  She had just gotten the joke he told her the day before.===JACK:  Not everyone is able to process humor at the same rate of speed.  That's why some conversational-speak is misunderstood.









No comments: