Monday, September 10, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 9/10/18
“Your life is like the morning fog.”  (James 4:14)  Tracie Miles, in an article, “What if tomorrow never comes?” tells of a harrowing airplane experience when she wondered if it would be the end of her life.  A lot of “what if” questions crossed her mind.  Have you ever had such an experience?  In reality, each day is like that.  We don’t know what it’s in store for us.  There’s an old saying: “I don’t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.”   ;-)  Jack

FROM WALMART REV:  (v) I don’t know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day.  I don’t borrow from its sunshine, For its skies may turn to gray.  I don’t worry o’re the future, For I know what Jesus said. And today I’ll walk beside Him, For he knows what is ahead.
(v) Ev’ry step is getting brighter, as the golden stairs I climb; Ev’ry burden’s getting lighter; Ev’ry cloud is silver lined. There the sun is always shining. There no tear will dim the eye. At the ending of the rainbow, Where the mountains touch the sky.
(v) I don’t know about tomorrow, It may bring me poverty; But the one who feeds the sparrow, Is the one who stands by me. And the path that be my portion, May be through the flame or flood, But His presence goes before me, And I’m covered with His blood.
(Chorus) Many things about tomorrow, I don’t seem to understand; But I KNOW WHO HOLDS TOMORROW And I know who holds my hand. (Alison Krauss)
===JACK:  Today is the tomorrow we were concerned about yesterday.  By faith, we move on, day by day.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  good words for today or for any day.  thanks!    in college the choir sang an anthem entitled,  What Can Life Be But a Shadow?    the song spoke of how transitory life can be for so many.===JACK:  Messages tied to music seem to make the words come alive.  I've often thought that church worship services could be enhanced by giving a brief background of some of the hymns and anthems that are sung. BTW, your mention of life as a shadow reminds me of  Robert Louis Stevenson's words...
I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see.
He is very, very like me from the heels up to the head;
And I see him jump before me, when I jump into my bed.
One morning, very early, before the sun was up,
I rose and found the shining dew on every buttercup;
But my lazy little shadow, like an arrant sleepy-head,
Had stayed at home behind me and was fast asleep in bed.

CHARLES KETTERING:  You can't have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time. "

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Granddaughter Allison was "home" from AZ so we had a diversity of outlooks in our discussions. Allie is outfitting a big white van, to be her "home" when she's out rock climbing the sheer peaks between traveling nurse assignments. (She's 27). What a different life from mine, and even my kids who are pretty traditional!  Another type of "housing" which I'm sure I'd not have had the courage (or desire) to experience. It seems risky for a pretty young woman to be "living" in a van alone...but "not my circus, not my monkeys", so Nana zips the lips, and rejoices in her adventures and prays a lot! :-) As Bill enjoined so often regarding our kids and "grands":"All you have to do is Love them, Marilyn." They live their own lives...===JACK:  I imagine that most people of our generation can tell a similar story of the young "uns" doing things that we wouldn't think of doing (we'd think of other things).  I got in my grandson's car yesterday, and he changed the music to play grandpa's type///Sousa's Stars and Stripes Forever...and The Thunderer.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Just enjoy each day and do your best every day!===JACK:  During the season  hurricanes, do you enjoy each day?  I guess you do, because you're a veteran Floridian, and storns are old hat to you.===SHIRL:  Hurricanes are scary! I usually am not here! Charlie in 2004 was our worst but I was in Texas helping Susie. We evacuated once in 1985 for Elana but she stayed in the gulf for three days and then went north!  Wow...For our 65 years in Florida we have been very lucky with so few hurricanes!
FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Just like life, fog dissipates and starts a new day.  Life ends briefly and as the veil lifts, we start eternal life.  Always knowing who will meet us!===JACK:  Who will you be looking for...first?===JUDY:  My grandma...After Jesus, of course...How about you?===JACK:  In my thinking, I tend to lean toward what Martin Luther said..."When I get to heaven, 3 things will surprise me.  ...that I will see some people I didn't expect to see.  ...that I will; not see some people I expected to see.  ...and most surprising of all--that I'm there myself.  He was emphasizing that we don't get to heaven by our good works, but by God's grace.

FROM PRAW:  Every day is a wonder to me....and filled with expectations and  I think often of the family motto coined by my wife JUdy:   "It's all part of the great adventure!"......===JACK:  Judy was a special person in so many ways.  She helped make your life and the lives of others a great adventure.






No comments: