Friday, August 17, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 8/17/16
“Where you used to be, there’s a hole in the world…I miss you like hell.”  (Edna Vincent Millay)  I looked; I wondered; I couldn’t find…Who did Edna miss so much?  Have you had such an experience?  Recently, the remains of some soldiers, killed in the Korean War, were returned to the USA.  An 83-yr-old Iowa man will be able to bury his older brother.  “It’s like hell to miss someone you love.”  But, God promises a peace that passes understanding.  ;-)  Jack

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ;  💔===JACK:  I figured that I'd hear from you.  Re-read the last sentence of my commentary.

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Have you just defined hell?....the absence of love..===JACK:  If God is omnipresent and God is love, does it follow that God, somehow, is there (if hell is a place)?  I'd just rather concentrate on the truth that God is love..

FROM KF:  ;- )===JACK:  Peace be with you!

FROM WALMART REV:  Exceptionally well published this morning, Jack. Thanks for the read. 0;-) ===JACK:  Sometimes "hell" is the right word.

FRO JR IN SOCAL:  Good Morning, Dear One,   Wow, does this message hit home.===JACK:  Years, months, days...even minutes, the "miss you" is still there.

FROM INDY GENIE:  The dream: I was in a hospital room with brother Joe...we knew he was dying...and the 2 of us were visiting. Then...in walks my mom looking healthy and “sprite-like”. Her spirit is light and happy. I’m wondering and a little concerned...wow, I thought, maybe she doesn’t know that Joe is dying! All of a sudden the 3 of us start singing Bob Marley’s “3 Little Birds”...you know, the one about “don’t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright“. My spirits are lifted as we sing and then... like in a movie, (kinda like the end of The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy says “there’s no place like home”)....the scene changes to a close-up of my mom with a very peaceful look on her face and a halo-ish light around her face...she then looks right at us, smiles and says...”The peace that passes all understanding!”  I’ve always been grateful for that dream. :)
I do believe, even when it’s really hard to do so, that there is a peace that passes all understanding

FROM HONEST JOHN:  It would seem to...at least, biblically that those in Hell have excluded themselves from God's presence rather than having God exclude them from his presence....thus, while God is present the person is unable to acknowledge that presence...thus, they have cast themselves onto the place where there is much weeping and gnashing of teeth....

FROM E EAR:  I think Edna had a love that she truly missed, perhaps a secret love for whatever the reason....I read the poem about a train leaving when my first cousin passed away....  She problem has poems that are meaning ful to her about her love and loss.  may I say  Shabbat Shalom

FROM SHALOM JAN:  I'll miss the Winning Words, and I understand.  I think I have a lot of holes in my world from people who are no longer "where (they) used to be".  I think all of us do as we grow older.  My grand nephew will get word today that one of his best buddies -- a church friend also age 14 -- was killed in a heavy-duty rear-ending of the family minivan and died yesterday morning.  At least my gr-nephew will hear about it from his parents, at Blue Lake Music Camp, rather than on the local TV news.  There are some holes in young lives, too.






.



No comments: